No announcement yet.

How does price of corn affect you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hopped on just to mention pea gravel and you beat me to it.

Comment

I just now filled the big feeder. It takes 11 sacks & will last all season. I've had the little feeder going for about a month and a half, and it takes 4. I refilled it the other day because I discovered moldy corn in it.
      I get corn either at HEB or Primos. Primos if i buy more than a few bags, because they load it. The price is the same @ $11.50/50#.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
        I couldn’t imagine buying “tons” of corn and having multiple leases. Never made it that high up the success ladder.
        I think some people enjoy the work, all the way around.
        Not me.

Comment

Price affects me zero. I buy about 100 bags a year. If it goes up $5 a bag (which it doesn’t) I spend an extra $500 that year. Corn is one of the smallest expenses in my hunting budget.

Comment

Originally posted by CabezaBlanca View Post
            I'm on my 4th bag of corn this year but I didn't start feeding until around July. Just a little hand corn every evening and they hang around just like the feeder was going.
            Well done!
            I have 4 bags in my shop and I don’t plan on buying more than 4 more

Comment

I usually buy at 1 or 2 places that will load it once I get within an hour or so of my lease. I dont look at the price as I know it is going to be more than it is worth......but at least i dont have to load it........then unload it 30 minutes later. Convenience is waaaay more important after driving 4 hours to my lease. Las Cazodores in Stonewall is high but I like the folks more than in the feed store in town......lol!

Comment

Zero loyalty for me. I buy cheapest I can find on principle. There is absolutely no way there should be a 4 dollar disparity on a 50 lbs bag of corn from one place to another in the same town. Buying local is great, but I'll happily support a reminder of free market economics if some of the hometown boys are gouging or not even trying to be competitive.

I feel the same way about gas. When I first started driving, the differences in price per gallon from one end of town to the other wouldn't vary by more than a couple of cents. Now it is common to see a variance of 40 cents per gallon in just a few miles.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Well done!
                  I have 4 bags in my shop and I don’t plan on buying more than 4 more

Has field and stream contacted you yet?

Comment

Higher prices aggravate me and I'm a little stingier with feed times.

Comment

3 seconds too.

Comment

Originally posted by Diamond07 View Post
                        I grab mummes at HEB. It’s what my grandpa and uncle used growing up so it’s nostalgic
                        I buy from Struttys but HEB usually has the cheapest corn. It’s just easier for them to load it at the feed store then to fight HEB s traffic

Comment

I pay attention to the price; however, more likely than not I buy where it is convenient to me, what little variance in price is not going to kill me or prevent me from eating.

Comment

The wife complains alot lol

Comment

I always buy my corn at Beckers in Seguin. They have a fair price and have always sponsored kids sports that my son played. So I like giving them business.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                                Price affects me zero. I buy about 100 bags a year. If it goes up $5 a bag (which it doesn’t) I spend an extra $500 that year. Corn is one of the smallest expenses in my hunting budget.
                                It did go up $5 this year !

I have given up my lease in Goliad but We booked corn prior to season for many years. This year they didn’t offer that due to uncertainty of prices.

I have a bunch of feeders here running year around, but turned them down honestly cause we don’t have a big deer population. I buy the cheapest corn around and figured I am spreading the wealth.

BP

Comment

Working...
                                X