Tactacam with Reaktor Solar Panel problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tactacam with Reaktor Solar Panel problem

I bought two elusive wildlife reaktors and cannot get them to power my Tactacams. Can someone tell me what I am missing?

Both panels were charged before deployment. Both battery indicators show full but my camera will not turn on. I also pressed the test button according to the instructions to wake up the power supply. I verified I was using the correct cable and it was plugged into the 12 volt OUT.

Both cameras were working until the AA batteries died. Frustrating…

Thanks
    Attached Files

My father’s camera did the same thing with batteries in them until they died. His would not switch over to the panel (also a Reaktor).

Take the batteries out of the camera and run it off of the panel only. You do not need to put batteries in a camera if it’s hooked up to a Reaktor, that panel has batteries built into it.

Comment

Thanks, I tried taking all the batteries out of one and it still wouldn’t power up….

Comment

That’s strange. His started working once I figured out what he had done, and none of the 3 I’ve had out for well over a year have had batteries in them since the initial setup and test I did at the house before putting them out.

Comment

Paper clip and reset, maybe????

Comment

I plan on calling Tactacam tomorrow. I bought the Reaktors after the cameras were set up in the field…

Comment

I have 3 tactacam running on these panels with no issues. Turning the Reactor on was a little finicky for me. Disconnect it hold the power down for 3 seconds and let it power down. Turn the panel upside down for a few minutes then reconnect and push the button once to turn it on. Worked for me.

Comment

I could not get the panel to show any voltage output, they did not answer the phone on the weekend, so I will call them tomorrow.

Comment

Check the sensitivity setting. Mine wouldn’t take pictures this weekend ran through everything I thought then saw the sensitivity was off. Started taking pictures immediately after switching.

Comment

You have the correct cable. “A”. I’m no help. I have 8 of them now and all are running off the Reaktor’s. I don’t have batteries in the camera at all. Please let us know what the solution was when you figure it out.

Comment

One of my four is doing the same thing. Other 3 didn't have any problems running them without batteries but can't get the 4th to power the cam up. All lights are red but camera won't turn on put batteries in it and powered right up. Please let me know if you figure anything out!

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                        Check the sensitivity setting. Mine wouldn’t take pictures this weekend ran through everything I thought then saw the sensitivity was off. Started taking pictures immediately after switching.
                        Sensitivity is good. It is set at 7 and took 4k photos before the AA batteries died.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          I have 3 tactacam running on these panels with no issues. Turning the Reactor on was a little finicky for me. Disconnect it hold the power down for 3 seconds and let it power down. Turn the panel upside down for a few minutes then reconnect and push the button once to turn it on. Worked for me.
                          Man that is a process. I will call elusive wildlife tomorrow and get some input from them also. I just read their directions and could find anything similar to what you are describing.

Comment

Originally posted by Plan B View Post
                            Man that is a process. I will call elusive wildlife tomorrow and get some input from them also. I just read their directions and could find anything similar to what you are describing.

Does your red lights stay on? The last two I bought do. My older ones do not. I’m wondering if they changed something in the design. I don’t remember having to press the test button on the older models either to activate it, but I may have just forgotten that part.

Comment

Yes, they stay on.

Comment

Working...
                              X