hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
    Geeze, that Jim Cantore clip is the second most ignorant thing ive seen on this thread. Just no need for it.

Sanibel island is cut off from the mainland from what I've read. I'm sure the photos and videos this morning will be rough.
    put it back in the holster wild bill, was just showing how strong the wind was blowing.

Comment

Finally got a text from my buddy who rode it out at his house between Estero and Fort Myers and all it says is "I'm alive - more later." His place is/was just a couple blocks from the beach

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
        put it back in the holster wild bill, was just showing how strong the wind was blowing.

I agree with Ron White, it’s not that the wind is blowing, it’s what the wind is blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
          I agree with Ron White, it’s not that the wind is blowing, it’s what the wind is blowing.

The wind is not the dangerous part of a hurricane. Its the water!

Comment

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
            The wind is not the dangerous part of a hurricane. Its the water!

For sure. No beating the water. It does amaze me how well many structures fair in the wind.

Comment

I don't watch the news becouse I can't stand to see all these news reporters from New York city and so forth freaking out of live TV becouse they stepped in ankle deep water for the first time in the lives and their hat blew off their head. I say that to say that from the lack of pictures posted on this thread, and no other threads started on TBH about the hurricane, it would appear that the storm didn't cause as much destruction and flooding as was projected? again...my only source this morning has been TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                I don't watch the news becouse I can't stand to see all these news reporters from New York city and so forth freaking out of live TV becouse they stepped in ankle deep water for the first time in the lives and their hat blew off their head. I say that to say that from the lack of pictures posted on this thread, and no other threads started on TBH about the hurricane, it would appear that the storm didn't cause as much destruction and flooding as was projected? again...my only source this morning has been TBH.
                Fort Myers got obliterated

Comment

I still can't understand why people just leave their big expensive boats in the path of these storms. Plenty of time to take them to better conditions away from the storm. Insurance - Insurance - Insurance, the lazy way out. Makes premiums go up for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
                    Fort Myers got obliterated
                    well poop....ok

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                      I still can't understand why people just leave their big expensive boats in the path of these storms. Plenty of time to take them to better conditions away from the storm. Insurance - Insurance - Insurance, the lazy way out. Makes premiums go up for everyone.
                      Is securing it in a sheltered harbor not enough? They could have moved it 80 miles away and still gotten smashed by the storm if it made a change in course in the last couple days... which happens with almost every storm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        Lots of folks in SW Florida stayed during Cat 3 Irma and it was just an inconvenience. Then they were told Ian would probably make landfall as a Cat 1 or 2 so they didn't see a need to evacuate. Things got ugly pretty quick.
                        Exactly right, there was a huge false sense of security. So many folks said they rode out different storms but they were never in the path of one of these monsters.

Comment

The videos and photos coming from the Ft Myers area looks rough!

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                            Boat insurance with regard to named storms is actually a little tricky. You have to name a home port/birth for boats and that is where you have the most "protection" for that vessel.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                              The Sheriff in the Fort Myer area says he has 100's of dead people...

Actually he said 'likely' death toll

Last real report I saw (noon) said 5

Comment

The most iconic pic I've seen so far. Says so much!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X