Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We weren't as lucky as RWC since he was being greedy and sucked all the rain out of the clouds before it got to us across the tracks.....

We did get another 1"....so that's 4.1" over the last few weeks with a good forecast for the next 7-10 days.

Comment

TexMesoNet says last 72hrs of precipitation:
      Tom Green Co. 2.45" around Christoval to .9" just north of Angelo.
      Coke Co .36-.55"
      Runnels 1-2.34"
      Concho .28-.6"
      Schleicher .26-1.98"
      Menard .44-2.53"
      Closest one to Sterling is between Broome and Water Valley says .44"
      Irion has no stations over there best I found was localconditions.com says 6.05"

Comment

Got our first pic of a hard horned buck yesterday evening

Comment

80% around Water valley are hard antlered what I see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven’t seen a buck out of velvet currently here.

Comment

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Heck, they are already gettin after it haha

Last edited by arrowsonly88; 09-09-2022, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Everything is still in velvet on my end expect for one 8pt. He shed his velvet yesterday evening.

Comment

We’re getting closer ladies and gentlemen. I get just as excited at 42 as I did as far back as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by WTX View Post
                    We’re getting closer ladies and gentlemen. I get just as excited at 42 as I did as far back as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by WTX View Post
                      I’ve got you by 21 years and I’m still excited about the archery opener.

Comment

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                        Everything is still in velvet on my end expect for one 8pt. He shed his velvet yesterday evening.
                        Tuned in for Bone Thug - guy is money every year!!

Comment

Lots of shedding going on the last 24 hours. Here now and our lease grounds looks like an oasis compared to 4 weeks ago.

Rwc

Comment

Just putting this out there. I’m a farmer and rancher from moody Tx . I have a group of 12 total hunters that I’ve known my entire life. We found out last week that our current lease near lake OH Ivie will be sold after hunting season this year. So I’m looking for a new lease that would begin in 2023. We are a good group of manageminded hunters who have hunted together many years and feed year around. I’ve got plenty references if need be .I would like to find a place for 12 guys but wouldn’t pass on the right place for 8-10 guys I’m just looking for a good quality lease . I’d really like to be in the San Angelo area but would consider other areas .Any info would be greatly appreciated call or text or message anytime thanks! 254-855-9144

Comment

Who else feeds year-round protein? With the recent rains they slowed down just for a few seconds then back on the protein hard again. With season opener approaching I was just curious who all feeds year-round and what do you like to feed mostly?

[ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v0HxaqpNz70"]September 19, 2022 - YouTube[/ame]
                              [ame="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dfKlek2RbZU"]September 19, 2022 - YouTube[/ame]
                              Last edited by KingsX; 09-19-2022, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I was out filling feeders and getting blinds ready last weekend. Not a blade of grass on the hole place, but the main water holes are holding water from the rains a couple of weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X