No Till Drill Refommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Till Drill Refommendations

Hi. I am looking for some recommendations on a no till drill. I’m looking for something relatively compact. 6 or 7 foot or so. I have a 73 HP Kubota to run it. Does anyone have one they can recommend?

Following

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

we bought a genesis in the spring . so far we like it. will be starting on the fall plots soon.
      trying to follow what dr. grant woods is doing.

Comment

Landpride make a good one. Can get three seed boxes on it. 3 pt or pull behind.

Comment

Crust Buster is the only way to go

Comment

Originally posted by rebelbow View Post
            we bought a genesis in the spring . so far we like it. will be starting on the fall plots soon.
            trying to follow what dr. grant woods is doing.
            Really would like to get a run with one of these. Keep us posted on your work with it.

Originally posted by Darton View Post
            Crust Buster is the only way to go
            That's a nice machine.

I have been using a woods "one pass" ploter. It's really good for the price. Great for natives too.

Comment

Originally posted by camoclad View Post
              Really would like to get a run with one of these. Keep us posted on your work with it.

That's a nice machine.

I have been using a woods "one pass" ploter. It's really good for the price. Great for natives too.

Is this the type of Woods that you have?

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                  Is this the type of Woods that you have?

https://woodsequipment.com/products/...seeders/fps60/
                  Yep

Comment

I use a Landpride 6’ with the three seed boxes. Works well, and 73 hp is plenty. I usually plant with my JD 100 hp, but have used my 55 hp NH on occasion. It’s a little too heavy for the 55hp, and I have to put weight in the FEL. But as far as just pulling it, no problem.

The drill is easy to set and I’ve never had any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                      I use a Landpride 6’ with the three seed boxes. Works well, and 73 hp is plenty. I usually plant with my JD 100 hp, but have used my 55 hp NH on occasion. It’s a little too heavy for the 55hp, and I have to put weight in the FEL. But as far as just pulling it, no problem.

The drill is easy to set and I’ve never had any problems with it.
                      I'm on the waiting list for a Landpride 606NT. Everyone I've talked to likes them. Now we will see if my Kubota dealer will actually get one any time soon.

Comment

I would love to have a no till drill to reduce the # of hours on the tractor! I just can't afford it at this point in time.

Comment

Tar River makes one that is affordable and dependable, they have 7 dealers in Texas. A 78" one is 7000.00.

I really would like to buy one.

Comment

I have a 6' Great Plains 606NT (same as land pride) that I pull with a 37 hp tractor and just added a 10' Genesis. The Genesis is a true no-till and is pretty sweet, although it takes at least a 100 hp tractor to operate it. If you have soft dirt the Great Plains or Land Pride are great drills, the Genesis is a step up for what I am doing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
                              I have a 6' Great Plains 606NT (same as land pride) that I pull with a 37 hp tractor and just added a 10' Genesis. The Genesis is a true no-till and is pretty sweet, although it takes at least a 100 hp tractor to operate it. If you have soft dirt the Great Plains or Land Pride are great drills, the Genesis is a step up for what I am doing with it.

Is your 606 a 3pt or pill behind?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X