No announcement yet.

Swaro EL vs. Leupold VX5HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EL’s are worth the money. Should last you a lifetime if you take care of them. I’ve had a pair for close to 20yrs. One of my best hunting equipment investments.

Comment

Leupold makes great scopes but have never been as good on their binos. Their Binos have gotten better for sure the last 10 years but not same as Sworo. That said, you don't spend as much either, so you need to look through them both, outside if possible, and see if you feel it is worth the difference. I happen to have Sworos as our main set but have a great pair of Leupold as my back up and for the teenagers.....

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
        Leica Trinavoids was also recommended. I would imagine this is on par with the BX-5HD?

The Ultravid are the ones you want.

Comment

Leica is fine if you never need to have them worked on. Swarovski takes care of their customers. For customer service Swarovski wins hands down.

Comment

I have the EL Range and love them Great product and the built in range finder is always good to have without changing units

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              Leupold is at best Japanese glass.

It can’t compete with European glass.

And I am a Leupold fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I have 22 Leupold Scopes.....both sets of Binos are Swarovski. I am a Leupold Fanboy as well but swaros for Binos. Period.

Comment

I think the swaro glass is the best.

Comment

Well since we are talking about Swaro binos I'm looking at the EL vs NL pure 10x42 and want to know yalls opinion on which one to get. Are the NL worth the extra $1000 over the EL? Is there that big of a difference between the 2? Let me know what yall think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksprings2017 View Post
                    Well since we are talking about Swaro binos I'm looking at the EL vs NL pure 10x42 and want to know yalls opinion on which one to get. Are the NL worth the extra $1000 over the EL? Is there that big of a difference between the 2? Let me know what yall think.
                    They have a better FOV, that's it..You'd have to look through them to see if it's worth it to ya.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Swaros are always worth the money in big country. The only binos that come close is the Leicas. Glass wise the swaro is superior. If you can swing it, do it. Leupold isn’t even in the same league. Not saying there’s not quite a few options that will serve you well, just not swaro level glass and clarity.
                      This!

Comment

I have the ELs. I want NLs bad.

Comment

I spent some time comparing. Its hard for me to describe the difference for me ,but the NL's seemed to pop more.
                          Clearer imagine etc. I went with NL's & wouldn't change. The only thing I would change is I went with 12X. If I did it again would go for 10's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            Leupold is at best Japanese glass.

It can’t compete with European glass.

And I am a Leupold fan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Is there other Euro glass that should be considered? Meopta comes to mind? Maybe not quite as good but still better than Leupold but not as expensive as Swaro?

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                              I spent some time comparing. Its hard for me to describe the difference for me ,but the NL's seemed to pop more.
                              Clearer imagine etc. I went with NL's & wouldn't change. The only thing I would change is I went with 12X. If I did it again would go for 10's.

It's the same technology, same coatings, just wider field of view. Just wondering how they pop or look better.
                              Not questioning ya or pickin, just curious for myself.

If they made those in the range model, I'd maybe consider them. But I can't do without that feature.

Comment

I never wanted to have to spend money on binoculars again, so I bought Swaros.

Comment

Working...
                                X