2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
    The creek makes a Y and I guess they couldn't decide whether to go right or left so they just went straight.

I think it is easily drafting -2' right there.
    I know the fork in the creek. I could see being trimmed way up and sliding that rig into the bank

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Weatherman was way off on wind and should have just drank coffee. Slipped in water about 545. Fished until about 715. No tidal movement and no much water clarity or bait. Did manage a whopping 4 trout and 2 were obviously undersized and the other 2 I would have measured if I was keeping today. Still a good morning on the water

Comment

Not many people on east end early but they definitely came out later. ICW looked like a parking lot after the wind picked up. We drifted some of the reefs and caught a bunch of tourist trout. I did have to push off a spoil i drifted a little too close to, but we didn't go negative on depth like some

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
          Another in Sargent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
          Man that’s impressive. My Ultra Cat won’t run that skinny. But then again, I’ve never tried!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
            Man that’s impressive. My Ultra Cat won’t run that skinny. But then again, I’ve never tried!!

That boat won’t either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
              Congratulations sir, them trout look long and skinny . Sorta like my white claws!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

This one is from Port Alto. Bad weekend to be a boat.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

2022 Salty H20 Thread.... Let's go! Part 1

I can’t even imagine what it must be like to have a motor come OFF at full song. That has to be a new level of chaos!

Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-04-2022, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Yea Dale looks like the way that one broke, if that was it, just think about the cables and such attached to it when it came off... Some serious damage all the way to the helm from the stern... Serious pucker factor right there!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I can’t even imagine what it must be like to have a motor come OFF at full song. That has to be a new type of chaos!

A couple if friends hut something and tipped the motor off, but it was still connected by the steering cables and was still getting fuel…the motor was till at WOT and was dancing around trying to come in the boat with them each time the prop got back in the water. They said it was pretty western for a minute.

Comment

Glad I was in the fresh water this weekend instead of the salt

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                          A couple if friends hut something and tipped the motor off, but it was still connected by the steering cables and was still getting fuel…the motor was till at WOT and was dancing around trying to come in the boat with them each time the prop got back in the water. They said it was pretty western for a minute.

That’s about what I imagined…all while coming abruptly off plane and having no steering.[emoji15]

No thanks.

Comment

Man, just another good reason for me to stay off the water on holiday weekends. To may people do-n stupid stuff out there. I'ma glad no one here has been hurt thus far.

Comment

Fished hard from 6:00 to 8:30 this morning with my boys. We fished a pretty shoreline up towards Indianola. Tons of bait. Fishing has been tough here. We did catch 10 trout, 2 reds and a 1 flounder on artificials but none them were keepers.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                                That is what I picture too.

Comment

Working...
                                X