Selling Land Without Realtor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Land Without Realtor

So I know there have been several threads on this, but my search didn’t pull up anything recent and since things are ever changing, thought I would start another and lean on the brain trust that is TBH.

Lengthy post, so bare with me as I lay this out. I recently learned from an acquaintance that they are considering selling their raw land. After discussing with them and viewing the property, we’re strongly interested in buying. He hasn’t listed it yet, but mentioned if we didn’t buy he was going to get it on the MLS and had no intentions on listing with a realtor.

In order to purchase this land, we would have to sell our current raw land. I need every dollar I can get on this property to pull this off, and want to try and sell it without a realtor as well. Rates have slightly cooled things here, but still white hot. A realtor friend of mine said it can absolutely be done in this market and encouraged me to try it.

Playing around online, it looks like there are several sites that will get it on the MLS for a flat fee. Anyone have any recommendations on this? Places to avoid? Anything else to do or keep in mind through this process? I’ll be working on a short timeline as the owner says he would give me 2 months to close a deal on the current property in order to acquire his. Any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

List it for sale on Zillow and within 24hrs you will have brokers from across the US blowing your phone up offering to put it on the MLS for a flat fee.

I would ask your realtor friend what they would charge to put it on the MLS. There broker may not let them but worth a shot and you would be giving that fee to a friend rather than someone you don’t know.

Comment

Exposure is your friend. However you can do that. List your property on here and possibly get the ball rolling. Most folks will try to lowball you on your property since “you won’t be paying realtor fees”. But if the market is hot enough that may not come into play.

Comment

Raw land, not your homestead 1031 that b****. I don’t know how you get on MLS without a real estate license but I would suggest paying SabineHunter a couple hundred bucks to review your legal docs.

Comment

Check out listingspark. $7 a day for mls. You still probably will need to offer to pay 3% to the buyers agents or they likely won't show it to their clients.

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
            Raw land, not your homestead 1031 that b****. I don’t know how you get on MLS without a real estate license but I would suggest paying SabineHunter a couple hundred bucks to review your legal docs.

Yes sir, learned that today consulting with my tax gal. Forgot the 500k only applied to the homestead. Got a guy lined up for it!

Good recommendation on the review, thanks!

Comment

Colton, got no answers to your question of who... But get it on MLS ASAP. If Zillow is an avenue, go for it.
              Also, I'd follow Cripplers advice.

Comment

Long shot, but does this land happen to be in Mcdade?

Comment

I’ve bought several properties by driving by and seeing a for sale sign.

Comment

It can be down is done quite often. Have a buddy I’m near rosanky buying and selling tracts like crazy without a realtor. Just pay someone to draw up documents and you’re good.

Like team America said, a buyers agent won’t want to show it to their client if there isn’t something in it for them. I know plenty agents that don’t take clients to listings that are under 2%. It’ll be a little harder but can be done.

Pm Sent

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                      Check out listingspark. $7 a day for mls. You still probably will need to offer to pay 3% to the buyers agents or they likely won't show it to their clients.

I hate Listing Spark. But that’s my opinion. They suck to deal with and don’t know if they should pee or ….

Comment

You can get your own docs from a title company

Comment

It’s been my experience that a realtor will sell the property at least 6% higher than you could without representation so I never worried about the fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                            It’s been my experience that a realtor will sell the property at least 6% higher than you could without representation so I never worried about the fees.

These days they are getting much higher than that 6% in most cases. Much more. TREC forms I'm pretty sure can be downloaded from their site by anyone. A title company will make sure the forms are correct only where they need them to be. They will not give you ins and outs on the deal unless you want to pay their attorney to represent.

Sounds like the OP has a deal working already between friends so they basically need a contract between them that they carry to the title company.

Comment

Not sure where the land is but it’s worth a conversation with a couple of agents in the area. Right now, most have a list of potential buyers and what they are looking for. You can do a one time showing for 3-5% but just tell them your bottom line of what you need out of it. I have sold a dozen or so tracts this year the day I listed them by making a couple of calls or talking to the neighbors.

Selling it by yourself is an easy process, but it could cost you a lot of time and money.

Comment

Working...
                              X