TPWD update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
    So a nubbin with one inch velvet nubs is now a buck deer?

A nubbin with 1” velvet nubs has always been a buck. A nubbin with nothing thru the skin would not be a buck.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

agree

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
        A nubbin with 1” velvet nubs has always been a buck. A nubbin with nothing thru the skin would not be a buck.

Bisch

Common sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch

A nubbin with 1” velvet nubs doesn’t have an antler protruding through the skin. Why wouldn’t it be considered anterless? Is it because anything 1” or over is considered a point?
          Last edited by AntlerCollector; 03-29-2022, 11:00 AM.

Comment

There is no change. As stated before, if it has a 1" antler is a buck, otherwise antlerless. Nothing to do with sex

Comment

So they still have the spike tag in AR counties? ****.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                A nubbin with 1” velvet nubs doesn’t have an antler protruding through the skin. Why wouldn’t it be considered anterless? Is it because anything 1” or over is considered a point?
                I disagree. It is protruding the skin, it is just covered in velvet.

Comment

It was if a hardened antler protruded through the skin, it was a buck. Now it can protrude through and has to be over 1".

Comment

If the deer has anything on top it should be a buck and tagged as such.

Comment

i prefer if its got bawls it a buck if its got antlers more than 1" a buck everything else is antlerless or doe

Comment

Curious as to what the proof of sex thing for processing facilities is? Are they saying they are now going to follow the letter of the law and require a testical/scrotum still be attached to the quarter/deer when brought in? I think 90% or more of us bring in deer to a processor without any true “proof of sex” and they never check.

Comment

I think a lot of people are arguing for the sake of arguing. The only intent here is to give relief of liability when an honest mistake is made. If your average hunter shoots a visibly “antler less deer” at 200 yds and then walks up and it’s a nubbin then that person won’t have to use a buck tag. We have all done it at some point in our life.

I really doubt many on this site will actively and purposefully kill a nunbin buck no matter if he has anything protruding or not. If he has 1” plus if antler protruding out of skin he is a spike at that point. Not a nubbin, pretty simple. They aren’t trying to “get” anyone. Just trying to add a little more info to the scenario to clarify.

Comment

dang 200 yard shoots with a bow pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                              antler velvet is skin-ish...its all connected until its shed

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post

No offense, I don’t care if you agree or not. I want to know if the law agrees. When it comes to nubbin bucks, it’s been my understanding forever that if there’s not a hard antler protruding through the skin then it’s antlerless.

Has that changed?

Comment

Working...
                                X