X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How ‘bout dem Rice Owls???

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
      LSU needs about 50 players to fill out their roster and just about every really good player for the Ragin Cajuns has entered the portal. Can't wait for next season
      The Brian Kelly experiment will be another fun one to watch. Texas kicked the tires on him last year when they hired Sark.

Comment

Originally posted by RaginCagin View Post
        LSU needs about 50 players to fill out their roster and just about every really good player for the Ragin Cajuns has entered the portal. Can't wait for next season
        How does it work when you have to sign so many empty spots? I assume transfer portal is where its at? do those guys count towards the previous classes?

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
          The Brian Kelly experiment will be another fun one to watch. Texas kicked the tires on him last year when they hired Sark.
          I think long term it will be a good hire but short term with him cleaning house on staff and players that had bad attitudes it will take a few years to recover. I just hope fans and administration give him the few years it will take. Les and O never had to rebuild the program like Kelly has to right now.

Comment

It sure looks like Sark and Co are really working hard on recruiting and the transfer portal. Hoping to see big improvements on the field but I bet we are still a year or two away from actually competing for anything.

Hook'em

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
              I don't know. If Weigman starts then King will hit the portal and you will have a depth issue. Also, starting true freshman QB's is usually bad.
              There have been several to prove that statement wrong. Can't afford to have Weigman transfer. I'm for keeping the best players on the team. I've already seen TWO 5 star QBs transfer from **** poor coach management and NEVER want to see it again. King can transfer and Johnson can be the backup.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                There have been several to prove that statement wrong. Can't afford to have Weigman transfer. I'm for keeping the best players on the team. I've already seen TWO 5 star QBs transfer from **** poor coach management and NEVER want to see it again. King can transfer and Johnson can be the backup.
                Too early to say which one comes to the forefront . . Off season and spring ball will definitely be more interesting . . It's Jimbo's to determine . .

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                  Too early to say which one comes to the forefront . . Off season and spring ball will definitely be more interesting . . It's Jimbo's to determine . .
                  Pretty clear based on resume IMO:

My money is on Weigman.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                    I agree, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think Weigman is gonna be the real deal. I'd start him as a freshman if that's what it takes to keep him around, and take those lumps for a season. I believe he will be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I agree, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think Weigman is gonna be the real deal. I'd start him as a freshman if that's what it takes to keep him around, and take those lumps for a season. I believe he will be worth it.
                      My thoughts exactly. Give him the experience this season knowing there will be growing pains and put the real stock value in 2023 & 2024.

Comment

I thought King was a five star stud? Weigman is an EE, if he has the moxie. He'll win the job this spring. Or, is he playing baseball?
                        Last edited by Chad C; 01-13-2022, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          I thought King was a five star stud?
                          He is, but I think Weigman is a 5 star super stud. Jimbo will put the best QB on the field.

Comment

I'd bank on King being the guy, with Weigman coming in at some point in the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                              I thought King was a five star stud? Weigman is an EE, if he has the moxie. He'll win the job this spring. Or, is he playing baseball?
                              4 star

https://247sports.com/Player/Haynes-King-46049892/

Comment

Originally posted by simek View Post
                                Looking forward to what Tech does under McGuire. He's already done leaps and bounds better than his predecessor's WRT recruiting. Let's hope this is the beginning of a good run of football seasons on the southern plains.

Wreck 'em!
                                Agree and I have a good feeling about it! McGuire has lit a fire out there that's spreading like crazy. Love Kittley at OC and Hamby at OL. Hope the new DC can carry over the late season momentum the D showed against ISU, BU and Miss St. Been way too long and glad Tech football getting back on track.

Comment

Working...
                                X