Trad arrow help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trad arrow help

What is a good feather for gold tip trad arrows? Wanting to get some ready, have fletched quite a few for compound like blazer vanes. What is a good feather, also size and shape. Shooting around 45 lbs. does anyone like the plastic size.

Thanks

Tru Flight, Gateway or Ozark. Are you shooting off the shelf or elevated rest?

Comment

turkey

Comment

I use 5” feathers. Theoretically they control flight better- especially with broadheads - but smaller works fine if your arrows are well-tuned, and smaller = faster. I think shape is personal preference. I use shield cut because one of my anchor points is the cock feather touching the tip of my nose. (And I think they look cool) I have never used any brand but TruFlight

Comment

Feathers don't make much difference, the other end of the is what really matters

Comment

Google Stu's Calculator, look at all the inputs on the bow side.

Post your bow info here and we can help you get tuned with the right arrow.

Many recommend getting your form down before working on the "right" arrow. I prefer getting started with the right arrow to achieve decent shooting.

It always helps to get with someone that really knows the ins and outs of trad shooting from the beginning.

Good luck

Comment

Hey pure lefty, that’s some good info and advice from jerp and caughtandhobble, you will be ahead on building arrows if you follow it. I see you do golf club repair and custom club fitting. With that skill set you have, and once you get this arrow tuning thing figured out, my guess is that arrows you build will really be accurate and beautiful. Keep asking your arrow questions, and let’s see some pics of your arrow work. Good luck with it.

Comment

Working...
              X