school choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

school choice

Schools will be offering remote learning for students this year. Although anyone can sign up for it, it is primarily meant for those who do not feel safe attending on-campus classes. Several schools have sent out surveys to find out how many people might have their kids stay home. Surprisingly, about 30% of our parents say they prefer to keep them home under the current virus threat.
    What is your choice?

Mine will go to school.

Comment

Going back. Teenage daughter can't wait. Son will be going to first grade...may have to drag him to the classroom.

Comment

Mine will be at school

Comment

My wife is a teacher and will be required to go to the school and teach virtually, in an empty classroom, if the school is forced to shutdown due to a Kung Flu case. What about our three boys? Who's going to watch/teach them? This is all so stupid imo...

Comment

Why would kids not go to school when the death rate for people under 25 is zero?

What happened to everyone needs to get it and get past it because it's not going anywhere? The CDC started this whole thing saying 65% of Americans would get it... Now people act like it's doomsday to get it.

My wife teaches 1st grade...Can't wait for the drama to start up real soon.

Comment

Going to school

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine will be in school.

Comment

we are on the fence. mainly depends on what all protocols are in place and what the environment would be like in school. if first graders are stuck in a plexiglass cube around thier desk with a mask on all day, limited socializing at recess/lunch .... then remote option might be better...

Comment

Mine are going back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For those that have teachers in their family, everyone better hope that the kids return to school before the entire TEA system is virtually unemployed.

Comment

Results from our school district's survey indicated that over 90% of the parents wanted their kids back in school...

Comment

Guidelines for remote learning will be much different than they were in the Spring. Students must participate in a minimum of 4 hours of real-time online instruction each day (something like Zooming the teacher/class). I think it is 3 hours for 5th grade and under.
                          Or, students must show involvement/growth each day (they could email in a daily assignment). TEA and our schools wont shut down if the students stay home, they will just provide home services. And that is going to be part of what schools will be doing even if 99% of students return.

Comment

Stop the insanity please.

Comment

Our daughter turns 5 next Wednesday and is planning to go to Kinder this year

We're contemplating holding her back or maybe private school....I can't imagine 5-6 year olds social distancing and not having recess

Comment

Working...
                              X