Old Gas....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Gas....

Trying to figure out what to do with about 10-12 gallons of old gas....

Are there places to safely dump it around DFW? It's old enough I don't want to mix it in with good gas and run it in something fuel injected which is what I used to do.

Are you sure its bad? Pour a bit in a clear cup and compare color to clean fuel. The oxidized (old) fuel will be darker and maybe a bit "sour." If close, dilute it with new fuel and use it in the mower. Otherwise, find a hazardous waste disposal in your area. Surely there are several in DFW.

Comment

It came out of the ground didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
        Are you sure its bad? Pour a bit in a clear cup and compare color to clean fuel. The oxidized (old) fuel will be darker and maybe a bit "sour." If close, dilute it with new fuel and use it in the mower. Otherwise, find a hazardous waste disposal in your area. Surely there are several in DFW.
        It's old I promise.

There is a deal in our city but it's only a few times a year. I will wait for that to come back around if it's my only option.

Comment

Originally posted by Neck View Post
          It came out of the ground didn't it?

Not a smart idea!

Comment

set some tannerite under it and boom gone.

Comment

check with your solid waste department, I bet they have a program for stuff like this.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglegolfj View Post
                set some tannerite under it and boom gone.
                I don't think tannerite will ignite gas. Disperse it into a fine mist carried by the wind maybe.

Comment

Possibly check with local mechanic shops they might have a waste tank you can dump it in. They might charge a small fee though

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                    I don't think tannerite will ignite gas. Disperse it into a fine mist carried by the wind maybe.
                    Oh i beg to differ. unless we just happened to get a spark at the same time. Tannnerite and Gas make one He!! of a fireball.

Its probably mostly water at this point. I had some about 1yr old and it wouldnt even light when i poured it directly on a fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
                      Strap a flare to it!

Comment

I use old gas all the time in the garage. It’s a great degreaser. And it helps clean up oil spills and stains like no other. Alternatively, gas evaporates super fast. You can pour a little bit out at a time on your concert pad and it will be gone in under a minute. Not sure how “environmentally friendly” that is though.

Comment

Burn it.

Comment

Environmental Quality protects public health, properties, and natural resources by safeguarding against pollution in the city's land, water, air and litter management strategies.

Comment

Pour it in someones tank you don't like. This lady at my work is a protest supporter, we could fill her tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X