DEF in my diesel fuel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
    Happen to one of our company trucks and we realized pretty quick got it towed for service.
    Cleaned everything up replaced filters and all was good. Truck has about 75,000 miles since then without issue.
    Another promising story!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      I've been fighting trailer brakes all day...I'll stop whining now.

I need empty the dump trailer so I can’t load a bobcat
      Apparently I haven’t charged the battery

I’ll also stop whining now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I know 2 people that put def in their diesel tanks and both trucks are still on the road. One changed filters 4 times before def quit showing up and the other changed his 3 times. Now take a white paint pen and write above the fuel inlets, DEF ONLY STUPID, it gets your attention. I did that after my friends screw ups. Its easy to get distracted.

Comment

Just passed your camper and from I-10 all looks well with it. Let me know if you need anything. PM’d you my contact info if needed. Good luck!
          Last edited by Slinger; 05-29-2020, 02:42 PM. Reason: .

Comment

Hate that for you, looking forward to a positive outcome!!!

Comment

One time I filled up with E-85 at a Valero station. Be careful Valero has yellow handles on their E-85 pumps.

Anyway, filled up with E-85 and drove about 4-5 miles before the truck quit.

Had it towed in. Dropped and pump the tank, flushed all the line and I was good to go.

Thankfully no damage to the pump or injectors.

Hopefully yours turns out as good.

Comment

Happened to mine drained all fuel cleaned lines changed the filters and she ran like a top till she got traded in a few months later.

Comment

Any updates on the truck?

Comment

I just went by the shop and he think he save it. There is a leak in the fuel pressure sensor. He’s going to replace that and he thinks it’s going to be a go.

He said he had it running and it was running good other than leaking from the sensor.

Still praying!

Comment

****....sorry to hear. Run a gallon of sea foam through there and hope for best man.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Do not run seafoam through it. Sounds like you're one of the lucky ones!!

Comment

Just got my first diesel truck this year and I am waiting for my dumb A** to put gas in the tank. Thank God my DEF is under hood.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                            Do not run seafoam through it. Sounds like you're one of the lucky ones!!
                            This! Listen to some of the diesel mechanics here. You may need to change filters once again after the sensor gets replaced and it runs a bit more.

Comment

Had a good friend that put 3/4’s of a tank of unleaded in his F250 6.7ltr.....drove it all the way from Gainesville, TX to Tishomingo, OK. He was asleep in the back seat and a friend was driving that was not familiar with diesel trucks. Friend said it had been “running a little rough” on the drive home. He parked it at the shop that night and the next day loaded it on a trailer and took it to a diesel shop somewhere down south of DFW. The guy cleaned it all up, inspected it, and said he was lucky that it didn’t grenade all his fuel components. Said there must have been just enough diesel in the tank to mix with the unleaded to keep it going. He drove the truck another 40K+ miles before he traded it in. If this story had been told to me by anyone other than him, I would have called BS on it.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunterhelm View Post
                                I just went by the shop and he think he save it. There is a leak in the fuel pressure sensor. He’s going to replace that and he thinks it’s going to be a go.

He said he had it running and it was running good other than leaking from the sensor.

Still praying!

I had the same experience 2017 F250.
                                Tank cleaned, fuel lines cleaned, filters changed. Truck ran great for maybe two months before crystallization occurred. Cost around $12K to replace fuel system, which fortunately, insurance covered all costs minus deductible.
                                Hopefully you’ll be more fortunate and not get stranded or inconvenienced like I did, thinking everything was fine after the first repair.
                                Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X