Re-sole boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-sole boots?

I have a pair of Justin’s that are in need of new soles/heels. This will be their third set, $70 a pop. $219 to replace the boot. What does everyone else do? How long will the leather hold up to new soles? Trivial problems, I know.

Not long enough if you get em done the places I have. Id try sending them back for a resole if you really like them. Seems like ill get two years out of the factory soles, and then 6-9 months out of the $70 botch jobs around town.

But to answer your other question, its hard to beat a well broke in pair of boots. If theyre still in good shape ill keep getting them resoled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have used Nushoe before. You mail off your boots and they send them back.

They have done a great job on each set them. I wore the last pair they worked on for about 10 years (pretty much every day)

NuShoe

Comment

Nushoe

Is the way to go. They do great work at a reasonable price too.

Comment

I used Resole America a while back. I have several pair of Double H Elephant Hide boots. The have the ICE type soles. Hard rubber but it kind of gives a little but doesn’t wear near as fast as typical resoles do. They were able to order the actual ones from Double H. I think they cost me $100 each but I like the boots so it was worth it to me.

Comment

In similar boat . Mine are Justin deer lites but may trade up to luchesses. I’d for sure resole a pair of those .

Comment

U need another pair of boots and rotate them. With all of the rain we have had.. it just destroys soles

Comment

Originally posted by redneck82 View Post
                I have used Nushoe before. You mail off your boots and they send them back.

They have done a great job on each set them. I wore the last pair they worked on for about 10 years (pretty much every day)

NuShoe
                Which sole did you get? The western says it’s just a leather sole which is what I have.

Comment

Originally posted by tx_basser View Post
                  U need another pair of boots and rotate them. With all of the rain we have had.. it just destroys soles
                  I rotate a few but eventually they need replaced.

Comment

I have to get my boots resoled once a year. But I wear them every day. I pay around $800 for custom boots and will get four to five years out of them by having new soles and heels put on every year. Well worth it to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X