Spike/doe hunt Nannie Stringfellow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spike/doe hunt Nannie Stringfellow

Got Drawn, Has anyone ever deer hunted there? Going to be staying in Lake Jackson and driving in for hopefully a really good hunt. Any advice or words of Encouragement are appreciated. Doe and spike should be a lot of fun

It’s wet wet wet down here. Deer been moving pretty good. I live a few miles away from Nannie Stringfellow. Hogs are real thick. I believe you can bait but if you throw out some corn guaranteed pigs on it.

Comment

Nice...we’re just looking to have a good time deer or pigs

Comment

As stated, wet area and lots of hogs. Neat area to hunt. Hope u have an ATV/ORV because u will be limited in compartments if only a truck. Compartments are kinda small and most only have a road on the exterior. Guys running the hunt are great guys. Find trails and spread the corn, something shootable should show up. Good luck.

Comment

You might want to invest in one of these.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinBradbery View Post
            You might want to invest in one of these.

Got two of those....lol

Comment

I hunted that place before it was a refuge and live a few mile from there. It is a lot slower hunt now than it was but still a good time. Hunted there during the first spike and doe hunt saw only one mature doe. State side you can bait and You can’t bait on the Fed side but your luck will be better over there. Down side is the Fed stands are 4x4. B , C & E are your best bet over there. May see some hogs but not as many as you would think.

Comment

My brother killed both of his does today, I got one down and one to go...my other buddy should knock something down soon. This is the wettest place I’ve been.....

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
                  My brother killed both of his does today, I got one down and one to go...my other buddy should knock something down soon. This is the wettest place I’ve been.....
                  Glad y’all are knocking some down! If you think it’s wet right now you should have been down here about 2 months ago. Lol

Comment

Working...
                  X