Enchanted Rock Draw Hunt Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enchanted Rock Draw Hunt Update

I drew thr ER gun either sex hunt going on right now (Nov 12-15). I tried to find anything about ER online but everything was mostly negative. I just wanted to give a current review. It has been as good if not better than .most draw hunts. Animal wise, I had the opportunity to shoot a nice 6pt on the first evening but I passed hoping I could get another chance on something bigger for my trophy buck. I shot a doe yesterday at noon. I did a 12hr sit and that was all I saw besides a coyote and bobcat. There has been a really nice 8pt (125 class), small 10pt, nice 7pt, spike, about 8 does, 1 Auodad, and a few hogs shot. We still have the rest of today and tomorrow morning. Logistic Wise - The first day is kind of a cluster, because they take everyone to there spots and drop off equipment. I'm in the very back which almost took me 2 hours for me to get there. Since then. They just drop you off and pick you up and it takes a out 30 minutes. It is worded that they have blinds online, but they only have a few popups. Luckily, a lot of people brought their own because everyone didn't get one for 1st evening sit, but the staff went to town and bought 10 new ones. I have a lease but generally like getting to hunt new areas, but for someone looking for a decent hunt ( especially a meat hunt) it's not bas at all. Also they furnish all tags, so you dont have to use yours

I haven't taken any pictures of the critters but I did snap one of the Auodad the other. Ight

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Nice aoudad. Personally I love the terrain out there! Hunted llano county for over 20 yrs. Good luck this evening and hope you have success.

FYI, South Plano state park in junction is another nice one to get drawn hunts for. Lots of animals out there in junction

Comment

I used to have a lease right across the street from there, Killed a lot of nice bucks and axis.

Comment

cool. I have never applied to any of the draw hunts...guess I need to

Comment

Congrats

Comment

What number spot did you draw. I hunted the right of way and had luck.

Comment

Also, did they tell you in advance there were no blinds. The place is pretty tight and not having blinds could be dangerous without assigned areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                What number spot did you draw. I hunted the right of way and had luck.
                I hunted area 13. It is the last area at the end of the loop trail. I was number 1 to draw and I drew #17 out of 19 to pick areas.

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                Also, did they tell you in advance there were no blinds. The place is pretty tight and not having blinds could be dangerous without assigned areas.
                The website seem to implied there where stands there. Luckily half the people brought blinds or they really would have been short. But they did go out and buy several to make sure everyone was covers. Everyone did have designated areas with strict instruction on which way they could shoot

Comment

Working...
                X