how did the opener go at LBJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did the opener go at LBJ

I did not see anything Saturday, Sunday I just rolled over and went back to sleep when I heard it raining on our tent. Went Monday saw very few tracks. My brother saw a four point not legal had to let him walk. I hope everyone else had better luck then we did. Oh well thats hunting Ill be out there next weekend looking for Mr. or Mrs. right. standing in front of my muzzy.

Heard about a 15" wide 10 pt taken near Hopewell. Several does were taken and several guys who were "Masters" at baiting, lost their bows to the LEO.

I'll see if I can post pics of the 10 pt tomorrow.

Comment

nothing here but being in the woods was good enough for me.

Comment

Set to go in the morning will let you know.

And whats "Lost their bows to the LEO."

Comment

thanks for the replys I havent found much acorns this year on the units I have been on.

Comment

Vegas, my bet would be they got caught hunting over a bait pile, which is highly not allowed at LBJ. And they probably got their equipment seized by the rangers, or GWs.

Comment

I saw a few spikes and some does on saturday, and missed a doe on monday night (clipped a branch) but had a great time anyways...will get after it again if this rain dies down some

Comment

I'm glad the Ranger caught those "Master" baiters!

Comment

I can hear it now. "No sir, Mr. Game Warden. That's not bait, I always use corn as a yardage marker."

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas77 View Post
                    Set to go in the morning will let you know.

And whats "Lost their bows to the LEO."
                    Several hunters were caught hunting over bait, which is prohibited. Their bows were confiscated by the Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer (LEO).

Comment

Is using scents considered baiting?

Comment

Originally posted by superslamhunter View Post
                        Is using scents considered baiting?

no because its not intended for consumption

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                          Several hunters were caught hunting over bait, which is prohibited. Their bows were confiscated by the Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer (LEO).
                          Thanks for the bait tip. I look to see if there may be any left overs near me. Had to climb down and move last year.

Only saw a skunk and some racoons today. Well thats the Grass Lands. Did find some good spots and will keep trying. If I get lucky out there it will be my 1st deer with a bow and well deserved. (Alot of humping equipment)

Comment

LBJ grasslands 5 day:
                            Friday AM showers, high 60, low 46, winds NNW @ 13
                            Saturday partly cloudy, high 64, low 51, winds NNE @ 7
                            Sunday partly cloudy, high 64, low 49, winds NNE @ 5
                            Monday partly cloudy, high 62, low 49, winds NNE @ 9
                            Tuesday partly cloudy, high 60, low 47, winds NNE @ 6

Comment

I'm heading up on Wed for my 1st I
                              e up there. Do you use tree stands or blinds? Is there good trees for climbers? If so which area?

Comment

Working...
                              X