Ist time at LBJ today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ist time at LBJ today

Of course None of the roads where on those crappy maps on the LBJ website but eventualy got there at sun up. Followed a trail w/ some deer tracks. About 30 minutes later a huge coyote came from behind me up the trail to my left. By the time I saw him he was under me then took off when he smelled where I climbed up. Saw a nice mature doe again from behind me & the time I saw her I was unable to grab my bow w/o getting busted. Good day and didn't rain either

I went for my first time ever last Saturday (10/10). The map that you buy for $9 in the office on 287 is very helpful. I used the horsetrail map online along with the big map you buy to get around. I hunted in the area near Cottonwood Lake but only saw a couple of does on the way back to the truck after the hunt. I did see a couple of coyotes though, just a bit out of range. I plan on going back this week sometime.

Comment

LBJ has a good population of heatlthy deer..i used to hunt there when i recruited in dallas....seen some awesome bucks in some places....defintely gotta put in the ground time though....good luck guys

Comment

Working...
      X