TBH Find a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH Find a job

Hey there, TBH! I've seen a fair share of good people doing great things on here. Returning wallets and knives, helping people find missing boats, donating gifts for Christmas, the list goes on...

I figured since we've seen the strongest economy ever get wiped out in 2 weeks, followed by tons of layoffs, I could start a thread that helps people find a job.

Job seekers: Use this thread to post your resume. Make sure it's got the latest, accurate information possible.

Employers: We may be better served by y'all remaining quiet on this one. If you see a resume you like, PM the person or reach out to them via the contact info on the resume.

Helpers: This could be the most important part. If you'd like to help someone out, respond saying you'd like to be a helper. This would include coordinating to review another person's resume. Key here is to spell check and recommend different styles if it could be improved. I'll start by welcoming anyone who would like a 3rd party opinion, spell check, review, whatever you need. Just let me know via PM.

Hopefully something good comes out of this. Good luck everyone. Please know that this community is here to support you no matter what you go through.

Great thread!!!

Comment

I'll start by posting mine. I did opt to remove my contact info. PM me if interested. Good luck everyone.
      Attached Files

Comment

Great idea, Clay. I’ll help however I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm liking this thread. The one time I was unemployed due to a layoff, we were referred to the unemployment office. Honestly, they weren't much help in locating a job, but they did an awesome job helping me build a resume. I would suggest that anyone that doesn't know how to build a resume reach out to your local employment/unemployment office for help also.

Comment

Great thread! If I hear of anything local I will scan this thread for a potential match. Best of luck everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome thread! I know Curt will help out anyway he can! It definitely sucks to be laid off and the struggles are real. When I got laid off 4 years ago from GE after 10 years service it was tuff and I thought I would never find a job as good or make the money I was making there. Now 4 years later im at a better job making more money and working for better people. Sometimes things happen and it works out for the better. I found the job I have now through Indeed. Definitely utilize Indeed and LinkedIn. Make the best resume possible. Most big companies use programs to filter resumes and they look for key words. If your missing these key words then your never gonna get an interview. It's tough out there right now but always think positive

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                Awesome thread! I know Curt will help out anyway he can! It definitely sucks to be laid off and the struggles are real. When I got laid off 4 years ago from GE after 10 years service it was tuff and I thought I would never find a job as good or make the money I was making there. Now 4 years later im at a better job making more money and working for better people. Sometimes things happen and it works out for the better. I found the job I have now through Indeed. Definitely utilize Indeed and LinkedIn. Make the best resume possible. Most big companies use programs to filter resumes and they look for key words. If your missing these key words then your never gonna get an interview. It's tough out there right now but always think positive
                Very great gesture and thread. I was farming and ranching for an absentee owner and ended up going through ranch hell in more ways than one. Never imagined having to endure the dishonest stuff going on out there. But God and his angels were definitely watching out. It didn’t look that way sometimes. Ended up getting seriously ill from breathing in mold and possibly E.Coli. Thought it was the flu at first but couldn’t get rid of it no matter what meds I took. I had been feeding old round bales of hay for several weeks and breathed in the mold dust as well as manure dust and even more mold from several tons of old net wrap. I couldn’t take time off to recover and then the weather turned very foggy and rainy along the Red River. Stayed soaking wet while still very sick. It finally got to the point, either I quit or face being hospitalized. Decided to quit since my health is more important than feeding cattle. Took over a month to recover fully. But I’m 100% back to normal now.

My skills go way beyond farming and ranching. I’m used to working on all kinds of machines and doing carpentry and general construction. I’ve built ranch roads, dug big ponds, built metal shops and much more. Poured plenty of concrete for slabs as well as pipe fences. If anyone could use my skills, feel free to message me. I’ve worked in four states so far, but would like to stay in TX at this time. Thanks for reading.
                Last edited by Worksalot; 03-24-2020, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Was headed to TBH tonight to create a thread like this, good to see its already rolling

Comment

I was laid off last Thursday 3/19 due to the slow conditions. Please reach out with any questions, suggestions, or potential opportunities. Thanks.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I have a position open for a field operations Tech with a new start up company, must have operations experience and experienced in line locating a must. PM me with interest.

Comment

We also have jobs open in I&E and measurement as well.

Comment

Currently looking. Laid off a couple weeks ago. Pipeline construction project manager.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Sunnylab; 03-25-2020, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Let's get these boys some jobs. TTT.

Comment

Awesome gesture!! lets keep this one moving forward. Lots of great people on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X