Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 03-23-2020, 06:27 PM   #51
roaddawg
Four Point

Hunt In: SC Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
Not in this thread but there’s been tons of peoples different threads self-diagnosing saying they think they had the Rona last fall or later.

Again, please explain the lack of overwhelmingly aggressive transmission concurrent with China and Italy? Or is Italy and China a hoax? Seriously asking. Otherwise it’s impossible that it is the same virus.
Isn’t it possible that the vast majority of people just never showed any symptoms or the symptoms were so mild they didn’t think much of it?
roaddawg is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #52
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxSon1836 View Post
had a buddy early early january had a NASTY flu but tested negative. every symptom of this covid he had. im betting you are correct that it was here before it was picked up on any medical radars so to speak.
Me , Riley, ex and step-dad all went through is in late December and early Jan. 4 different drs all said the same thing. ..” flu like virus going around”. All tested negative for flu and strep.
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 06:49 PM   #53
killerbee
Pope & Young

Wink

If nothing else these threads are entertaing
killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 06:51 PM   #54
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not in this thread but there’s been tons of peoples different threads self-diagnosing saying they think they had the Rona last fall or later.

Again, please explain the lack of overwhelmingly aggressive transmission concurrent with China and Italy? Or is Italy and China a hoax? Seriously asking. Otherwise it’s impossible that it is the same virus.
I believe a Chinese Dr wrote an article on nov17th about a strange pneumonia that was reaching epidemic proportions in Wuhan. He was arrested. At any rate if he had already recognized it. Mid November then it was already going crazy in Oct..

I think there are a dozen different things people are calling corona from the past fall but there is a distinct pattern with identical symptoms from mid December to late Jan that the cdc was tracking. It was like the flu but tested negative for flu. Much of that was certainly covid 19 . by the way there were 500000 cases in the us in January that were documented.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 07:02 PM   #55
kae006
Ten Point

Hunt In: Colorado, Wyoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
by the way there were 500000 cases in the us in January that were documented.
500,000 cases of flu like symptoms where people tested negative for the flu? Where was that information found? I find it strange that if I went into my doctor with flu symptoms and tested negative she would log that into some special database to be retrieved later.
kae006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #56
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

kae006 - You can believe what you want. You apparently will anyhow.

A couple of us have been right from day one on this crap..and talked down the entire time.
I'm not as sure of what I'm trying to explain in this thread but there are lots of indications.
So first I get dogged for spreading doom and gloom...so I go away quietly for a couple weeks. Now I get dogged for saying it's nearly over when most think it's just getting started? LOL
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 07:36 PM   #57
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking….Pow Pow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzlebrake View Post
+35000 confirmed cases in the USA. That's approx .0001060 % of total population. Your odds of winning a million $$ lottery scratch-off are better than catching the China flu.
The lesson here is to go buy more scratch-offs
Gar Guy approves....
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 07:41 PM   #58
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Looking….Pow Pow!

Name:  Screenshot_20200323-193825_Messages.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  71.5 KB
Two more lotto winners in Brazoria county!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 07:47 PM   #59
Rakkasan2187
Ten Point

Great post op
Rakkasan2187 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 07:48 PM   #60
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Webb Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
Yep. I also wonder if some of these guys ate paint chips as a kid.

Last edited by panhandlehunter; 03-23-2020 at 08:01 PM.
panhandlehunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 07:51 PM   #61
killerbee
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
entertaining lol
killerbee is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 08:01 PM   #62
kae006
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
kae006 - You can believe what you want. You apparently will anyhow.
Thanks?

Look forward to your next stock market prediction...
Old 03-23-2020, 08:05 PM   #63
Alderrg
Four Point

Hunt In: Llano / Trinity Bay

My 17 yr old son was down for 9 days first of DEC. Fever for 4 days. horrible sore throat and cough. FLU and Strep were both negative. Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't CV19

Luckily, we kept him to his room as we have 6 kids, one being a baby. No one else got sick in the house.
Alderrg is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 08:19 PM   #64
tex4k
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Reagan, Upton, Crockett, and Uvalde counties

Don't feel bad guys I'm married to an old gal that believes like y'all, for some reason she believes the government, the healthcare industry, and associated industry is there for for the good of the people. Guys like me are tin hat conspiracy theorist that think those people are evil scientist out to take over the world. Neither is totally true nor false. Whenever a govt entity of any kind puts out information of any kind, I question it, if I can find information contrary to it I give it credit until I'm convinced one way or the other, just want to provide others the same opportunity. After all some folks still believe eating eggs and drinking un-pasteurized milk will kill you!
tex4k is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 08:23 PM   #65
brokeno
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gonzales & Young Co and anywhere

I think Nancy, Bernie and Biden had it but it just killed their brain cells
brokeno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 08:34 PM   #66
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by kae006 View Post
500,000 cases of flu like symptoms where people tested negative for the flu? Where was that information found? I find it strange that if I went into my doctor with flu symptoms and tested negative she would log that into some special database to be retrieved later.
Yessir. They actually started a diagnosis called ILI and knew it was serious. Ill find the info for you.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:36 PM   #67
kae006
Ten Point

Quote:
Yessir. They actually started a diagnosis called ILI and knew it was serious. Ill find the info for you.

Not necessary, just surprised they tracked that in a database. Wonder how many “samples” (?) were saved that could now be tested for the COVID-19 to get a better baseline on when it was introduced in America.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #68
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Not necessary, just surprised they tracked that in a database. Wonder how many “samples” (?) were saved that could now be tested for the COVID-19 to get a better baseline on when it was introduced in America.
Some for sure. One of the articles says the went back and looked at cultures from some of re modalities and they were positive covid 19. It does not say how far back they went.

I sent one of the links to Charlie yesterday. Ill get him to post it. On having Heck posting even a link on my phone.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:41 PM   #69
panhandlehunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brazoria, Matagorda & Webb Counties
Default Semi proof COVID has been here months

Quote:

You can find articles on the internet going back years about ILI. Said most doctors don’t even test for the flu, so they just call it flu like illness and treat it as the flu, and a lot of the “instant” tests at the doctors office are in accurate. The ILI thing is not new at all.
panhandlehunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 08:50 PM   #70
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhandlehunter View Post
You can find articles on the internet going back years about ILI. Said most doctors don’t even test for the flu, so they just call it flu like illness and treat it as the flu, and a lot of the “instant” tests at the doctors office are in accurate. The ILI thing is not new at all.
I was **** sure tested for flu. They stuck that **** swab so far back into my nasal thought I was gonna cry. Came back negative for Flu and strep. Just told Flu like virus. Every symptom described with Corna I experienced . Now I’m saying this thing hasn’t mutated but I dang sure not going to discount what I went through. 4 days of hell and 2-3 weeks off dry cough and having the crud... I will also add that the next few days I got several texts from him asking how I felt and if things got worse call him immediately now that he had never done before

Last edited by BrandonA; 03-23-2020 at 08:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:54 PM   #71
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Italy just said today that covid was rampant in Dec and Jan but they were far too slow recognizing it. If it was rampant in Italy it was here.
Old 03-23-2020, 08:58 PM   #72
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Here is a link to the article GarGuy is talking about. It also has hot links in it that will direct you further to the CDC stats, and such.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/03/19/dangerous-curves/
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 08:59 PM   #73
woodsman
Ten Point

Hunt In: . . . the re-public . . . of Texas

Quote:
I believe a Chinese Dr wrote an article on nov17th about a strange pneumonia that was reaching epidemic proportions in Wuhan. He was arrested. At any rate if he had already recognized it. Mid November then it was already going crazy in Oct..

I think there are a dozen different things people are calling corona from the past fall but there is a distinct pattern with identical symptoms from mid December to late Jan that the cdc was tracking. It was like the flu but tested negative for flu. Much of that was certainly covid 19 . by the way there were 500000 cases in the us in January that were documented.
Thanks Steve. I don't know what a normal flu season numbers look like but that seems like a lot. I’m being lazy—do you know if we had disproportionally higher fatalities this past flu season as well? That more or less mimic a deadlier virus, possibly like COVID19?

Still trying to understand how we didn’t overload our healthcare system like these other areas of outbreak...
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 09:03 PM   #74
ColinR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Roosevelt/Sonora

Y’all are making me feel a whole lot better about all of this. I mean if this thing has been going on for a few months already and sounds like a crap ton of people have already had it, then a crap ton of people should already have somewhat of an immunity to it and maybe this thing will be over sooner than later.
ColinR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #75
TxSon1836
Ten Point

Hunt In: Oklahoma- Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
Me , Riley, ex and step-dad all went through is in late December and early Jan. 4 different drs all said the same thing. ..” flu like virus going around”. All tested negative for flu and strep.

My buddy was sick the week of New Years! That’s crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TxSon1836 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 09:06 PM   #76
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Italy just said today that covid was rampant in Dec and Jan but they were far too slow recognizing it. If it was rampant in Italy it was here.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:08 PM   #77
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Thanks Steve. I don't know what a normal flu season numbers look like but that seems like a lot. I’m being lazy—do you know if we had disproportionally higher fatalities this past flu season as well? That more or less mimic a deadlier virus, possibly like COVID19?

Still trying to understand how we didn’t overload our healthcare system like these other areas of outbreak...
Yes it was more deadly than normal and they knew it wasn't the flu
Old 03-23-2020, 09:09 PM   #78
GarGuy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
Here is a link to the article GarGuy is talking about. It also has hot links in it that will direct you further to the CDC stats, and such.

https://amgreatness.com/2020/03/19/dangerous-curves/
Thank you charlie
Old 03-23-2020, 09:14 PM   #79
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

So maybe all the panic and hysteria was completely unnecessary after all? Dang. Who would've thought.....?
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 09:36 PM   #80
Still Hunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico

Interesting thread for sure. Going to follow this one.
Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 09:55 PM   #81
jmoore2006
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas, Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
I was **** sure tested for flu. They stuck that **** swab so far back into my nasal thought I was gonna cry. Came back negative for Flu and strep. Just told Flu like virus. Every symptom described with Corna I experienced . Now I’m saying this thing hasn’t mutated but I dang sure not going to discount what I went through. 4 days of hell and 2-3 weeks off dry cough and having the crud... I will also add that the next few days I got several texts from him asking how I felt and if things got worse call him immediately now that he had never done before

Exactly the same thing with me. I’ve said this all along. I picked it up from a guy that I work with his wife is in healthcare and never had symptoms at all. He had the same symptoms I had plus diarrhea. I ended up going back to the dr for a second time and making them give me a steroid cause I was so weak couldn’t hardly move.
jmoore2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 09:59 PM   #82
Saltaholic
Associate Sponsor

Same here day after Christmas I got sick felt worse and stranger than ever. Thought it was flu but it never escalated to high fever etc just felt drained and hurt all over plus a bad cough. My youngest son had it too, both took cold meds and albuterol for a week and it slowly passed. The whole time I kept telling my wife I don’t know what the heck Is wrong with me- Dr said no flu just called it upper respiratory infection
Saltaholic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 10:05 PM   #83
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

So will this be an annual reoccuring thing now like the flu? Or is this a one and done thing?
If its reoccuring...do we shut down the economy every spring?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 10:08 PM   #84
KyleW
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gordon TX

I had similar symptoms to it in January, lasted 2 weeks. Flu test came back negative. They said they had a lot of cases like it then.
KyleW is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 10:16 PM   #85
DRettele
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Texas, Kansas unit #6 & 8

Just saw a report that over the last 3 months there are 21 million fewer mobile phone subscribers in China.
Wife was watching NTD News.
DRettele is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 10:18 PM   #86
BrandonA
Pope & Young

I know I just don’t go to the Dr over the sniffles. This bout was different and it felt like the flu... in 2008 I spent 3 weeks in bed for flu. This felt like that and reason I went at first signs. The difference in this one was the dry cough. Having asthma I had shortness of breath and used my inhaler more than normal. Blamed it on the cedar pollen
Old 03-23-2020, 10:19 PM   #87
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRettele View Post
Just saw a report that over the last 3 months there are 21 million fewer mobile phone subscribers in China.
Wife was watching NTD News.
That’s probably because the communist government pit in place a social credit score where if you say the wrong thing or do the wrong thing the gov. Will not allow you to do some things like travel or have a phone or internet
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 10:31 PM   #88
HoustonHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Houston/Angelina/Trinity Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
So will this be an annual reoccuring thing now like the flu? Or is this a one and done thing?
If its reoccuring...do we shut down the economy every spring?
Task Force Briefing today did make it sound like this will be a recurring illness but it was a pretty optimistic briefing. Sounded like the measures will be in place for future outbreaks. They talked a lot today about how the actual mortality rate is likely < 1% and not as deadly as originally reported.

Seems to me Trump is banking a bit on the drug combo for treatment. Also sounded like he has a date in mind for opening everything back up.

Honestly the briefing was pretty optimistic if you listened closely and trust the info. Sounds like they see light at the end of the tunnel, IMO.
HoustonHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 10:46 PM   #89
gekko man
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath County and Llano County

My wife works for a major air carrier and has been working a project that took her to New York and Chicago in early February.

She came home very sick with fever, a cough, a sore throat, fatigued and the feeling of having and elephant sitting on her chest.

She went to the doctor and was tested for the flu and strep. Both came back negative. She came home and went to bed and then returned to the doctor three days later to get some meds and cough meds.

Two days later she was up and back to work just feeling a little fatigue.

She has had zero issues since and me nor any of our immediate family have had any signs of illness. Her best friend did get sick with the same symptoms a few days later after my wife and she is fine now!

Again, that was early February.

We are not sure what she had but we know it was not the flu or strep!
gekko man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #90
kae006
Ten Point

One thing I haven't read (granted I haven't specifically looked) is the comparison of how contagious COVID-19 is compared to say the flu. Does anyone know that data? How many people does one flu carrier typically infect versus one Corona carrier? Assuming the average is <1 for both otherwise everyone would eventually get it, right?
Old 03-23-2020, 11:02 PM   #91
double bogey
Ten Point

Hunt In: where ever I can

CDC does track ILI weekly

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/overview.htm
double bogey is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 11:09 PM   #92
RifleBowPistol
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

I saw a post, that all those people that got really sick back in November and December, that lasted about two weeks, some longer. Had the Corona virus. A buddy of mine had it, I knew a couple other people who were sick for a couple of weeks. The buddy I know who was sick back then had problems for weeks, before it finally cleared up. Not sure what everybody had back then, but I have heard from a few sources at this point, that it was the corona virus, but none of them were medical experts, just passing on what they heard. Back when there were many people getting sick, I never heard what everybody had, but then I usually don't pay attention to things like that. I would not pay any attention to this big bunch of crap, if it were not for all of the shut downs and shortages of products.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 11:12 PM   #93
Dale Moser
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young Cty
Default Semi proof COVID has been here months

My son missed almost a week of school last month with a low grade fever, headaches, and a dry cough that lasted over a week. Wife and I both wound up a little bit sick after he did.

Doc didn’t even test for flu because he didn’t feel that sick, strep test was neg.

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-23-2020 at 11:38 PM.
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 11:19 PM   #94
kch73
Eight Point

Hunt In: Comanche County

Maybe but maybe not...we sure have destroyed the economy however!
kch73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #95
bloodstick
Ten Point

Hunt In: All over Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
My wife just found out her Uncle went to LA California in January. He brought home CV to North Carolina after getting it there. He then gave it to his wife. Took them a while to figure out what it was.

I'm trying to ask questions to verify.. But they are in-laws LOL

But if true that means he was extremely unlucky (like lotto odds) and caught it from one person. Or better odds it was wide spread in Cali just going around like the flu.

My prediction is in 3-6 weeks the truth comes out that this was widespread in January which means it was here in December. Basically will come out it was a big scam as far as markets tanking, stimulus packages, shutting down the economy, people freaking out, etc.

One week prior to Christmas i come down with what i thought was flu. Tested negative. Had fluid in lungs, fever of 102, cough and shortness of breath. They told me i had bronchitis, sent me home with steroid and antibiotic. I am30 years old , fair amount overweight, but hardly ever sick and only had Flu twice in my life. Never miss work, blood pressure and blood sugar is good and don’t have issues with allergies beyond scratchy throat in weather transitions. Passed my DOT physical. Whatever i had was rough.

bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 11:37 PM   #96
pilar
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton

This hypothesis, is very real !
1. In January my dentist was hounding me to hurry and come in to get a crown done ( a 3 visit procedure) and my dentist and hygienist were talking about needing to complete the surgery because they were having major problems with procurement of facial mask and other PPE , my dentist was talking about, a major respiratory illness that was similar to the flu and causing many cancellations in January-February “ she knew this was coming or already here “
2. My wife has Bad heart valve and respiratory issues, and her doctor was keeping a very very close eye on her In January-February, and the staff was already wearing PPE masks
And talking about a contagious virus that was flu test negative

Then murmurs about the covid19 started hitting the news, it was here and spreading and health officials didn’t want to spread panic about a pandemic
I would really like to know why the boarders/ travel from China was so slow to shutdown
I have no doubt it was here and just kept from public knowledge. “ just blame it on flu like symptoms to prevent panic
pilar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-23-2020, 11:48 PM   #97
manwitaplan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
The cdc has been quietly tracking an unidentified epidemic on the us. They call it ILI for influenza like illness. Quite a few folks died from it. It peaked in January with about 190000 cases per week documented. They had some cultures from a few who passed and last week determined that at least some of themdied of covid 19. Webmd has a long article about it and openly wonder when the cdc will combine those numbers with the current count.

Yes sir. Read all about it. Multiple friends were put in ILI category. I thought I read the first week of February was 97,000 and the second week was 107,000 put in that category. Crazy.

Sent from my iPhone
manwitaplan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-24-2020, 12:40 AM   #98
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Yall do realize there is/will be test that show antibodies that will tell you 100% if you have ever had Coronavirus. So feel free to get tested when the time is right and report back. Never knew this site was filled with so many conspiracy theorists. Maybe yall have had it maybe you didn't. In time you will be able to find out.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 09:02 AM   #99
sandhillhunter
Six Point

Hunt In: Taylor County, TX and New Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
Yall do realize there is/will be test that show antibodies that will tell you 100% if you have ever had Coronavirus. So feel free to get tested when the time is right and report back. Never knew this site was filled with so many conspiracy theorists. Maybe yall have had it maybe you didn't. In time you will be able to find out.

That’s only useful if a number of the population had titers run from January, February, March, and so on to see when the exposure occurred.

If I had my titer run today but I was exposed in January and not March, that could not be differentiated.

6 months or a year from now if 80% of the population had a positive titer indicating exposure, it will be spun as “see how well our isolation measures worked. We saved the world for sure doom.”

sandhillhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2020, 09:15 AM   #100
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Clinton was pretty close with China. Think she could have been one of the first cases? Sure seems to have had a dry cough for a while.......

batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top