Is CPAP worth loosing the beard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
    I got a chin strap with mine years ago. Never needed it. Nasal pillows pretty much force you to breath through your nose.

Here's what I use.

This is my backup mask.

Too many people talking doom and gloom here. Managing apnea with cpap is relatively simple. Learn whats going on with yourself. You may only see your doctor every 6 months. That's a long time to go id you have a problem. And most problems are easy if you are looking at data and know what it means.

Heck folks cpap is serious, and needs to be managed, but its not that hard. I am glad this came along, because it made me practice what i preach. Looked at my data and found some mask leakage telling me i had an issue. Caused more apnea episodes. Might not have seen it for months waiting on a doctor visit. Easily fixed by replacing the nasal pillow on my mask. Last nights data looked real good. (i would have found this sooner if i had listened to my wife. she said i had been snoring around my mask)
    If you are having a doctor manage this, it needs to be someone well versed in treating apnea. If your using a GP, well hope he's a good one.
    My doc told me he didnt care what mask i used, as long as i used cpap. Gave me a scrip, it is on record at cpap.com, and i order masks a couple of times a year. I dont use insurance because for a mask my out of pocket is more than what i pay straight at cpap.com. The durable medical suppliers just add cost for your insurance. They want $4k for the cpap machine you can buy for 1k.

Comment

I have used mine, full face mask, with a beard and clean shaven both. No problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
        This is my backup mask.

Too many people talking doom and gloom here. Managing apnea with cpap is relatively simple. .

The only doom and gloom I see is in regards to NOT using it at all. Other than that, it looks like everybody has been quite helpful in their suggestions.

Comment

There are several different ways to use your CPAP so cutting might not be what you have to do. Adapt and overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
            The only way to go.....
            Mirage Swiftâ„¢ II Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear

I have used this for almost 20 years.
            You can use with a beard!!!
            this is the same one I have used for over 10 years as well!

Comment

Discovered the machine was still set to full face mask. Not sure what effect that has but tried it out this afternoon and it seems much better than last night.
              I think I can get accustomed to it.

Comment

Lose the beard.

Comment

I got one in June of 2019 and cannot sleep without it. Good luck! Hated it for about a week are so. Feel better than I have in years. My pressure is at 14 and full face mask for me.

Comment

Run a Phillips n20. Keep the mustache a little shorter and works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                      Discovered the machine was still set to full face mask. Not sure what effect that has but tried it out this afternoon and it seems much better than last night.
                      I think I can get accustomed to it.

Some machines have provisions for mask and hose size. It ill be in the secret setup menu.

Comment

Originally posted by Thayden2 View Post
                        Unfortunately I am of no help other than this

[ATTACH]996010[/ATTACH]
                        And i was thinking dont say it everyone isnt acting like children.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                          Some machines have provisions for mask and hose size. It ill be in the secret setup menu.
                          YouTube will show all CPAP machine clinical setting tricks. Just search you model

Comment

Well how did it go last night Art?

Comment

Nasal pillows and a chin strap if needed here. Hardly ever need the chin strap, air will wake you up if you open your mouth.

Sleep rating is 97%.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Well how did it go last night Art?
                                So better than the night before but unfortunately I set my self up for a bit of a failure.

I did get the machine switched to pillows and experimented with some of the comfort settings and took a nap yesterday afternoon to give it a trial run. It worked very well... in fact before I knew it I had been asleep for an hour and a half.

so... by bedtime last night I wasn't tired at all. Also I still stay semi conscious while wearing it
                                so when I was sure it was almost morning I took it off, but realized it wasn't even 3:00 am
                                I should have put it back on but couldn't bring myself to get up and start the process over.

Comment

Working...
                                X