Austin’s Gun Surrender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Honker View Post
    I read a handful of articles on the subject...no mention of the results...that should tell us something.

I'm old enough to remember when Austin had a country western reputation. Lots of hats and boots...and yes, guns. I'm disappointed the blue wave has consumed this town.
    and if were not careful that blue wave will spread out from Austin to the rest of the state.

Comment

Are they keeping good records of who turns in a gun or at least providing a decent receipt?

I have an old shotgun that would be a great donation if it could get me on the "I already turned in my guns, so you don't have to raid my house" list.

Comment

I saw this on the news the other night and I am still just shaking my head.
        For the life of me I really cannot get my head around people's thoughts on the surrender your gun(s) mentality. I tried to have a conversation with a very liberal person a while back and their arguments just never made any sense. The conversation just down spiraled to me asking "Are you stupid or something?"

Comment

Not sure how it went, but the facebook post they made is good for some laughs. The comments are pretty good on there

Comment

To put a positive spin on this, because it was Austin, liberals have fewer guns today.

Comment

I think it's a great idea for democrats to turn in their guns. The crime rate will plummet.

Comment

I know it's fun to poke fun at this stuff, but IMO it's a good thing. Obviously anybody with common sense won't be bringing in their guns. There are people who don't want guns for whatever reason and they simply don't use them so in turn likely wouldn't be able to use them safely in a stressful situation anyway. I'd rather have those guns out of the theft potential pool so when their HUD house gets robbed the badguys don't end up with them.

Comment

The stuff I saw in a Statesman photo looked like garbage.

Comment

Every year the silly of Austin and the silly council comes up with more ways to waste tax payers time and money. Unfortunately this stupidity is spreading out like a cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sure that 100's if not 1,000's of felons brought in their guns to surrender them to law enforcement.

The stupidity of the left never ceases to amaze me. I mean after all, Chicago has the most stringent gun laws around, which explains why it is such a safe city.

Comment

Dang, I wish I knew about this beforehand. I would've gone there with cash in hand and I bet I coulda convinced some libtard to sell it to me first. It's legal and worth a try, just gotta beat the cop to the car.

SH

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                          The stuff I saw in a Statesman photo looked like garbage.
                          This picture speaks volumes. Just look at these guns. They have been laying under Grandpa's bed for years and as soon as grandpa kicks the bucket his liberal kids can't wait to get rid of his families history. These Idiots think they are safer now that those guns are not just sitting there waiting to go off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            This picture speaks volumes. Just look at these guns. They have been laying under Grandpa's bed for years and as soon as grandpa kicks the bucket his liberal kids can't wait to get rid of his families history. These Idiots think they are safer now that those guns are not just sitting there waiting to go off.
                            The media and libs will bill it as we're all safer, when in reality it's just a nice easy way to get rid of junk guns that nobody wants. Still not a bad thing. I have a couple old junkers I wouldn't mind just getting rid of, not worth fixing or selling.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                              The media and libs will bill it as we're all safer, when in reality it's just a nice easy way to get rid of junk guns that nobody wants. Still not a bad thing. I have a couple old junkers I wouldn't mind just getting rid of, not worth fixing or selling.
                              I'll take them. Pm me if you are serious.

Comment

They got a bunch of garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X