Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-17-2020, 03:59 AM   #51
Bayouboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLB View Post
If you're dumb enough to get your signs stolen and dumb enough to not know it's happening....the wrong manager got fired.
And that folks.... is the good old Aggie code
Bayouboy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 04:22 AM   #52
Snowflake Killa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
Ok. Iíll bite. And many wonít like what Iím going to say. But here it is.

WHO GIVES A ****???? Seriously....

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I donít care one bit about the ďcheatingĒ. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. Itís part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. Itís part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isnít played the same anymore. Itís about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you donít want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Perfect "The End"

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Snowflake Killa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 05:48 AM   #53
SWMichFBall
Nubbin' Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post
Completely agree. They are trying to stop something that they canít prevent and itís just part of the game.
What pi$$es me off are all the crybabies whining about it.
They are just upset their guys werenít better at doing the same thing because if you believe for one second that ever team isnít trying to do it then you are just stupid. Instead of wasting all this time on the guys stealing signs why not try to figure out a better way to give and hide the signs. You have to adapt as the game evolves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stealing signs is part of the game, BUT USING A Video camera hidden in center field to do it, is cheating-no debate.

SWMichFBall is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 06:15 AM   #54
camoclad
Eight Point

Hunt In: central tx

Like politics, sports and sports arguments makes us all idiots.

Um, cheating is wrong?
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 06:50 AM   #55
Palmetto
Ten Point

Hunt In: Rocksprings, Old Ocean

If it took "cheating" to make Astros baseball interesting, then I'm all for it. Made for some good games!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Palmetto is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 06:57 AM   #56
Smart
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green County
Default Astros players also cheated

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMichFBall View Post
Stealing signs is part of the game, BUT USING A Video camera hidden in center field to do it, is cheating-no debate.

Pretty much this.. .. no matter how much you try to justify it in your mind to protect your team, it all boils down to this. Simple straightforward ....

And Iíd be right there trying to justify it to whoever would listen for the Rangers as well.. and Iíd be wrong.

Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Smart is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 07:18 AM   #57
Leon County Slayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Camo (Leon County) - Knifemaker<><

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart View Post
Pretty much this.. .. no matter how much you try to justify it in your mind to protect your team, it all boils down to this. Simple straightforward ....

And Iíd be right there trying to justify it to whoever would listen for the Rangers as well.. and Iíd be wrong.
My thought exactly. A rant doesnít make you right....but they pretty clearly said donít use electronics.m - donít recall them saying donít steal signs. We used electronics so itís time to pay the price regardless of who we rooted for.

Will be interesting to see if we have any hitters now
Leon County Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 07:43 AM   #58
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Quote:

If This was last years Nats that did this it would be completely different discussion.
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 07:54 AM   #59
ca1219
Six Point

Quote:

After more years than most spent playing, coaching, and mentoring in the sport with kids of all ages, (including college players) I donít care one bit about the ďcheatingĒ. Here is my $0.02. Stealing signs has been a part of the game since the game has been played. Itís part of the game. It always has been and always will be. I spent hours and hours as a player trying to depict and decode signs that a third base coach was giving base runners to get an edge. And when I cracked the code, you can bet I called for a pitch out and hosed runners by 10 feet or more stealing second or third. As a base runner, you can bet your sweet *** I was picking up signs from second base and relaying them to the batter. Itís part of the game. The only difference between that and what the Astros, Boston, Yankees, and many other teams were doing is they used video which got the same results. What do you expect when you allow iPads and monitors in a dugout? The game isnít played the same anymore. Itís about analytics, percentages based off the pitchers tendencies in certain situations and pitch counts, hitters contact and fly ball to ground ball ratios, and just about any other stat you can think of. MLB is at fault for what occurred, not the teams that took advantage of it. If you want to fix the issue, take all the BS technology out of the game and play it the way it was meant to be played. By the feel of the game and what your eyes tell you. Not what a dam computer says. And most importantly, if you donít want your signs being stolen, change them. Be it inning to inning, batter to batter, game to game, or what ever works. Be smarter than the guy your playing against. And, if a guy is picking signs at second and relating them to the batter, give him a fastball in the ribs his next time up to bat..... play the dam game!

Rant over

Can I get a refund? Sign stealing is common, but the issue isn't with a batter or base runner stealing a signal. It is using devices planted to steal signals and relayed by live feed to the batters. I have no issue with a base runner or batter trying to steal a sign, however this is significantly worse.
ca1219 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #60
camoclad
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post
If it took "cheating" to make Astros baseball interesting, then I'm all for it. Made for some good games!

True, when your team is in the MLB playoff, it produce a drug that is hard to match.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:23 AM   #61
Tony Pic
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Picarosas North and South, Kerrville, Mountain Home and Harper

As someone who has worked in a few sports arenas, doing Hockey, basketball, baseball and has worked five world series with cameramen and various sports networks. I have seen the ability of the cameraman to zoom in on anything. It is incredible. Teams have been able to do that for quite some time. Use technology to cheat. Maybe just the Astros and Sawx were the only ones to get caught.
Tony Pic is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 08:25 AM   #62
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Throckmorton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithb164 View Post
Rangers are still trash.......
One of Smart's windrlickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
It’s like trying to learn someone’s tell in cards or using a camera to see the cards and using a device to relay the hand to another player. One is part of the game and the other should get you shot.

This^

Obviously baseball isn't for some of you. Tradition & integrity still have a place in the game for some of us. If you think the uproar is only about sign stealing, you're missing the whole point. Sign stealing has been & will forever continue to be part of the game, and I have absolutely no problem with that. It's when your not smart enough to do it right, (using only your ears & eyes to do it, analog-style) and must have cameras, microphones, buzzers, & other electronic **** that doesn't belong. Plain & simple, that's not gamesmanship, it's cheating.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 08:29 AM   #63
TexasBob
Pope & Young

Well, I wouldnít say I would and I wouldnít say I wouldnít but I will say this... a man that wonít look for any edge he can when millions of dollars are at stake, donít want them bad enough

TexasBob is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 08:34 AM   #64
Jcjohnson
Ten Point

Hunt In: Burke, Thompson, Lincolnton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj7zrcool View Post

This^

Obviously baseball isn't for some of you. Tradition & integrity still have a place in the game for some of us. If you think the uproar is only about sign stealing, you're missing the whole point. Sign stealing has been & will forever continue to be part of the game, and I have absolutely no problem with that. It's when your not smart enough to do it right, (using only your ears & eyes to do it, analog-style) and must have cameras, microphones, buzzers, & other electronic **** that doesn't belong. Plain & simple, that's not gamesmanship, it's cheating.

The real mic drop ^^
Jcjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #65
camoclad
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Pic View Post
As someone who has worked in a few sports arenas, doing Hockey, basketball, baseball and has worked five world series with cameramen and various sports networks. I have seen the ability of the cameraman to zoom in on anything. It is incredible. Teams have been able to do that for quite some time. Use technology to cheat. Maybe just the Astros and Sawx were the only ones to get caught.
I'm sure. This is why Manfred strongly warned, and then punished the way they did. Hes getting thrashed by some but hes doing the right thing (hardly ever the popular thing), all other grievances aside.
Old 01-17-2020, 08:40 AM   #66
camoclad
Eight Point

Quote:

This^

Agreed. How are people confusing the two???
Old 01-17-2020, 08:41 AM   #67
bowhuntntxn
Pope & Young

Get the electronics out of the dugout and it goes back.to the old style of competitive advantage.

But all major sports have huge money contracts with tech. companies that they will not terminate. When the on deck batter can analyze pitches before the ball leaves the catchers hand, things like this will be exploited.

Verlander cried all year about the ball being different. I wonder if he will now say others were stealing the signs
bowhuntntxn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:16 AM   #68
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:

This^

Look around you. The world is a changin. Technology is very advanced. Things aren't the same as they were in our youth.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:25 AM   #69
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1219 View Post
Can I get a refund? Sign stealing is common, but the issue isn't with a batter or base runner stealing a signal. It is using devices planted to steal signals and relayed by live feed to the batters. I have no issue with a base runner or batter trying to steal a sign, however this is significantly worse.
How was this relayed live to the batters....??
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:29 AM   #70
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Apparently I suck and linking articles after 20k post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cli...outputType=amp
IF that photo truly showed a wire on the dude, IN THE CLUBHOUSE after the game, everyone on the Astros would need to be fired for being too stupid to remove it before the party started it wasn't a wire, cause they're not idiots...no matter if they cheated or didn't cheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon County Slayer View Post
Will be interesting to see if we have any hitters now
We will and its gonna be enjoyable to watch

Well, up until one of them hits a slump anyways. Then the media will harass them to death until they turn into a full out jackass, and then everyone will feel justified in every accusation, be the accusations right or wrong. It's the way of the world these days
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:30 AM   #71
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Quote:

This^

Ok let me ask you. Do you reckon the Astros are the only team in the league doing this...?
If you believe that you're naive.

Mark this post -
All the teams in the league were doing the same thing. Dig into it some. MLB then issued a league wide warning in 9/2017. Everyone essentially ignored it. The league wanted to shut it down. Who better to pick to send a message than a recent champ? They would never do it to the Sox or Nats. (One of MLBs storied franchises and the Cinderella darling Champ from last year.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:31 AM   #72
Leon County Slayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
IF that photo truly showed a wire on the dude, IN THE CLUBHOUSE after the game, everyone on the Astros would need to be fired for being too stupid to remove it before the party started it wasn't a wire, cause they're not idiots...no matter if they cheated or didn't cheat

We will and its gonna be enjoyable to watch

Well, up until one of them hits a slump anyways. Then the media will harass them to death until they turn into a full out jackass, and then everyone will feel justified in every accusation, be the accusations right or wrong. It's the way of the world these days

I hear ya. No doubt they can hit. Pretty sure it was confirmed and not just accusations at this point though. At least thatís what the results from numerous player interviews revealed as well as coaches.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:32 AM   #73
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Look around you. The world is a changin. Technology is very advanced. Things aren't the same as they were in our youth.

So you are saying its ok to use electronic devices to steal signs or gain an advantage without the other team (visitors) having the same advantage....because the world is changin'?

Same som bitches saying this is fine were probably calling Belichick and Brady cheaters with Spygate and Deflategate. And yes.....I called them cheaters as well although the ball thing was weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
How was this relayed live to the batters....??

Bang Bang...Have you not read all the reports?

Last edited by Smart; 01-17-2020 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:36 AM   #74
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Man y’all stop the wire gossip.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...d-viral-videos

Source:MLB investigators.
Hope that’s sufficient.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:38 AM   #75
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmetto View Post

I agree. Let em all cheat. Going to a game and seeing 7 dingers is a blast!
breederbuck33 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #76
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind

No wonder the Rangers are bad. No one's been accused of any wrong doings!
Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:50 AM   #77
TxDispatcher
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County

Quote:
I hear ya. No doubt they can hit. Pretty sure it was confirmed and not just accusations at this point though. At least thatís what the results from numerous player interviews revealed as well as coaches.

I meant that as a general statement on the way the media works...and I don't think every single player took part in/abided by the scheme. Not gonna make a guarantee of any sorts, as no one else should either until it is proven that all players cheated, or they admit that they cheated. Others can do what they wish...I've never liked the guilty until proven innocent aspect of sports (or life for that matter), not for the PED era, Patriots situations, College infractions, this situation, or any other instance. I may be a little too believing of humanity, but I like to think the best of folks until I see proof otherwise. And yeah, I've been an Astros fan for over 40 years, I have loved them through the good times and the bad...and I hate the fact that they (organization in general) have been proven to have cheated.

And I usually try to stay out of these threads heck, I try to avoid posting in sports threads in general...some folks get too worked up over sports, and take being a "fanatic" to a whole different level. Not saying that will happen here, but its why I usually avoid posting in the CFB threads and sports threads in general
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:51 AM   #78
TX_Kevin
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Gillespie County

I went to Minute Maid with someone who told me all about this season before last. We found 9 cameras. They are not just stealing signs from centerfield y'all, they are stealing everything, everywhere. And storing all the footage for analysis later. The Braves have nearly as many cameras.

This is the decade of analytics. Like it or don't - it is, and it will continue as such. This will get a lot more interesting as time goes by. The instant information available to those on the inside is truly astounding to me.
TX_Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:51 AM   #79
Tsnow
Six Point

Hunt In: Grimes Co. / Junction TX

Quote:

Rant over

Agreed. I played College baseball and sign "stealing" (if that is what we are calling it) has always been part of the game. Hell, we had a coach on the team that it was part of his job to break the code the other teams signs. Seems to me a bunch of butt hurting is going on.
Tsnow is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #80
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsnow View Post
Agreed. I played College baseball and sign "stealing" (if that is what we are calling it) has always been part of the game. Hell, we had a coach on the team that it was part of his job to break the code the other teams signs. Seems to me a bunch of butt hurting is going on.

See post 59.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #81
Leon County Slayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDispatcher View Post
I meant that as a general statement on the way the media works...and I don't think every single player took part in/abided by the scheme. Not gonna make a guarantee of any sorts, as no one else should either until it is proven that all players cheated, or they admit that they cheated. Others can do what they wish...I've never liked the guilty until proven innocent aspect of sports (or life for that matter), not for the PED era, Patriots situations, College infractions, this situation, or any other instance. I may be a little too believing of humanity, but I like to think the best of folks until I see proof otherwise. And yeah, I've been an Astros fan for over 40 years, I have loved them through the good times and the bad...and I hate the fact that they (organization in general) have been proven to have cheated.

And I usually try to stay out of these threads heck, I try to avoid posting in sports threads in general...some folks get too worked up over sports, and take being a "fanatic" to a whole different level. Not saying that will happen here, but its why I usually avoid posting in the CFB threads and sports threads in general

Haaa. I hear ya! Iím not that big a sports fan to bother with this whole thing honestly but the days of speaking up for integrity seem to be slipping away especially is all

Old 01-17-2020, 09:58 AM   #82
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: LookingÖ.Pow Pow!

Quote:
Man yíall stop the wire gossip.

Hope thatís sufficient.
Close thread!

Oh ya, Yankees suck roosters!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:02 AM   #83
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Man y’all stop the wire gossip.

Hope that’s sufficient.

Warning language...you ask how it was relayed? This is old news but it sounds like you are just getting into this so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by breederbuck33 View Post
I agree. Let em all cheat. Going to a game and seeing 7 dingers is a blast!

Hey if everybody has the same advantage even as the visiting team, knock yourself out. But really that ruins 50% of the skill, if you will, that is hitting .....kinda spoils that aspect of the game. It's just making contact with a known pitch after that. And the pitcher loses their deception advantage....
Old 01-17-2020, 10:08 AM   #84
JHT
Pope & Young

Quote:

This^

The traditionalists & integrity group needs to place the blame this mess (roid era too) on MLB front office for allowing it to happen. They knew it was going on since 2017 and did absolutely nothing to stop it other than issue a warning. Isn't it their job to insure the integrity of the game?

In 2017 they could have alerted each team there would be MLB officials spot checking dugouts during games for the entire season to insure the integrity of the game is kept in tact. Problem solved. .
JHT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:09 AM   #85
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

He lost me 5 seconds in when calling a breaking ball a change up.

������
Old 01-17-2020, 10:15 AM   #86
bobby314
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdj View Post
Ya can't hit another player in football anymore?
Ya get tossed out of hockey game for fighting now?
Nascar spends millions to prevent wreck?
Now ya can't steal signs in baseball?

Wussafication of America continues!
Funny stuff!!!!
bobby314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:22 AM   #87
easeup
Ten Point

I should have just hit the back arrow.........failed
easeup is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:25 AM   #88
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
So you are saying its ok to use electronic devices to steal signs or gain an advantage without the other team (visitors) having the same advantage....because the world is changin'?

Same som bitches saying this is fine were probably calling Belichick and Brady cheaters with Spygate and Deflategate. And yes.....I called them cheaters as well although the ball thing was weird.

Bang Bang...Have you not read all the reports?
I'm not sure how I feel really. Everyone was using PEDs so who cares. eerbody stealing signs so who cares. LOL.

Targeting calls and the lack of hitting causing scores and offense to sky rocket in football is far more troubling to me.
Old 01-17-2020, 10:47 AM   #89
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Quote:

They did not use wires or buzzers or any other electronic device attached to their bodies. The sign stealing was limited to the CF camera and the monitor next to the dugout. It has been widely debunked that they used devices on their bodies
texasdeerhunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:49 AM   #90
Leon County Slayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
They did not use wires or buzzers or any other electronic device attached to their bodies. The sign stealing was limited to the CF camera and the monitor next to the dugout. It has been widely debunked that they used devices on their bodies

I was referring to the camera. Donít care and donít know about the devices allegedly on body and debunked. Go Texans haaaa. New coach???

Old 01-17-2020, 10:53 AM   #91
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
So what was Altuve doing and saying as he approached home plate?

He was definitely saying no and grabbing/protecting his collar.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:56 AM   #92
cj7zrcool
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Throckmorton County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Yeah, I get it. Does that mean that just because the technology exists to do something that it should be legal?

Quote:
Ok let me ask you. Do you reckon the Astros are the only team in the league doing this...?
If you believe that you're naive.

Mark this post -
All the teams in the league were doing the same thing. Dig into it some. MLB then issued a league wide warning in 9/2017. Everyone essentially ignored it. The league wanted to shut it down. Who better to pick to send a message than a recent champ? They would never do it to the Sox or Nats. (One of MLBs storied franchises and the Cinderella darling Champ from last year.
Never said or suggested that they were the only ones doing it. There's no place in the game for it, period. I am a Rangers fan and have been since they came to Arlington. If they were doing it, they should be punished as well. My traditionalist view doesn't discriminate.
cj7zrcool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 10:59 AM   #93
b.latiolais
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Edwards County

I'm not trying to start any kind of argument. I'm enjoying reading the thread and different views on the subject and the comments of "how the game should be" and "traditionalist" got me thinking. Does anyone relate this to hunting and feel like the use of trail cameras takes away from the "traditional" ways of what we all love to do? Maybe this should be a entire thread on its own...
b.latiolais is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:01 AM   #94
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Saw somewhere that they had the bullpen catchers in on the act too, using some type of messaging device or walkie talkie from the monitor in the clubhouse. Hands on the fence for this, elbows on the fence for that....
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #95
jshouse
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NE Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.latiolais View Post
I'm not trying to start any kind of argument. I'm enjoying reading the thread and different views on the subject and the comments of "how the game should be" and "traditionalist" got me thinking. Does anyone relate this to hunting and feel like the use of trail cameras takes away from the "traditional" ways of what we all love to do? Maybe this should be a entire thread on its own...
Believe that's been discussed a few times here before
jshouse is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:04 AM   #96
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMichFBall View Post

It wasnít cheating. There were no rules in 2017 in regards to cameras with live feeds and video monitoring. It went into affect in 18. All allegations are for 17.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #97
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca1219 View Post

Read my post above. There were no rules in 2017 regarding video feeds or locations of live feed cameras. Kinda of like there were no rules against certain PED drugs in the 90ís. If there isnít a rule against something that can increase odds of winning or performance, expect anyone smart enough to figure it out to take advantage of it....

Old 01-17-2020, 11:08 AM   #98
Smart
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.latiolais View Post

When somebody starts a paragraph "I'm not trying to start an argument", the information immediately following will usually start an argument.

To answer your question.... yes.... but it also creates a whole slew of positive usage as well. Just like car did to horses and calculators did to abacuses. The difference here is everybody has access to them if they want ......
Old 01-17-2020, 11:09 AM   #99
DapperDan
Pope & Young

Quote:

This^

I agree with 99%. The one disagreement is that in 2017 it wasnít cheating. Does that mean I agree, no. Bc I agree with the rest of your statement.

Old 01-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #100
DapperDan
Pope & Young

https://youtu.be/FBv3WgMLDBY