Daughters first buck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daughters first buck!

Wrigley and I decided to create a brush blind for us to hunt for a slick six that I had a few pictures of last week. We were in a spot I had used a few years ago, underneath the tripod where I normally hunt. We did this right after church on Sunday. I cut the cedar limbs and she carefully placed them. We had an old TV trey table that we set up for her to have a rest on for her crossbow. We left about 1:30 or so and then returned at around 5:30 to hunt. My mom, "Maam-aw" dropped us off at the stand to save on us from sweating too much. We got settled into our blind and after about 15 minutes or so, we saw a couple of does down the draw under a small mot of oak trees eating acorns around 200 yards out. We watched them slowly work their way up towards the feeder. The wind was absolutely perfect right in our faces, so once the feeder threw at six, the deer paid us no mind at all. 7 does and fawns rushed into the feeder and started eating. Wrigley’s eyes got really big at how close they were and that they didn’t have a clue we were there. We had hunted together many times before, but never this much in the open and always from behind the safety of a popup blind. After about 10 more minutes passed, the deer we were after happened to show, he came from the opposite was of the does, and worked his way into the feeder. Wrigley was super patient to wait for the best shot opportunity. Once he was broadside and there were does behind him. Another time he was standing broad side but right behind the feeder leg. Then another time another buck was directly behind him. As an eleven year old, she showed a lot of maturity in her ability to wait until he was finally perfect, slightly quartering away, all clear, then she let the bolt and slick trick fly. It was a perfect shot. I knew he would not travel far. After waiting about 10 minutes of watching her little hands shake from excitement, we retrieved her bolt, followed the blood trail about 30 yards, then took pics of her first ever buck. She was thrilled and so was I! I am very proud of her.
    Attached Files

Congrats to you both!! Nice looking deer

Comment

Heck yeah, I hope I can get my daughters into the outdoors. So far its just my son taking an interest.

Congrats to her!

Comment

Congrats on a nice buck!

Comment

Woohoo!°°[emoji1018][emoji1018][emoji1662][emoji1018][emoji1018] I am sooo pleased to see this. Way to geaux dad and mom!!!![emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Greatness and big congrats to your daughter

Comment

Freakin love brush blinds...congrats

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Comment

Awesome! Congrats to her.

Comment

Congratulations to the young lady on her first buck. Great job dad for getting her out in the deer woods and teaching her how to hunt.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Pure Greatness!!!! Congrats

Comment

Congrats to your daughter!!! Great buck! Y'all are raising her right!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats to the young lady.

Comment

Congratulations to the young lady.

Comment

Working...
                              X