South LLano State Park Draw Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South LLano State Park Draw Hunt

My son got drawn for next week. Anyone ever hunt there?

bring several ice chest. Lot's of targets there. Lot of exotics. take a pop up and comfortable chairs.

Comment

Interesting I was there back in the end of the summer scouting for stuff to do with the family when at the lease. Didn’t know they did draw hunts.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Camped there many of time, very target rich environment. Good luck and I have seen some big axis running around there

Comment

I wish!!! Good luck!

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Never hunted there but had a coworker drawn on a doe/spike hunt and killed 7 axis.

Comment

Did it last year with my kiddos. Great staff and lots of targets. Take some corn and a few bales of alfalfa......and plenty of ice chests. Best of luck and make some great memories with your boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck and don't forget to post pics.

Comment

Yup. Hope you sharpened your knife already. Great people out there. I killed plenty on my trip. Buy some deer ration mix of corn and soybeans from town and a bale of alfalfa and you’ll be set. Even with a game cart there was a night I was removing meat from the field well after dark.

“Fools multiply when wise men are silent” -Nelson Mandela

Comment

Wow! After reading this, I want to go. Good luck. Do avlive hunt thread if you can.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Wow! After reading this, I want to go. Good luck. Do avlive hunt thread if you can.
                        get in line!

Ive got like 13 points for exotic draws

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          get in line!

Ive got like 13 points for exotic draws
                          That's no lie I have about the same amount, I put in for the hunts there every year. I was at the park a couple weeks ago and was talking to one of the park staff. They had just finished a youth hunt and said one kid had killed 3 axis including a nice buck. The only thing I know is most of the Axis seem to be around the river bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by mudmauler View Post
                            Yup. Hope you sharpened your knife already. Great people out there. I killed plenty on my trip. Buy some deer ration mix of corn and soybeans from town and a bale of alfalfa and you’ll be set. Even with a game cart there was a night I was removing meat from the field well after dark.

What kind of blinds do they have? Can I take a popup? Do I need chairs?

I did call the park nut the lady I talked to did not have much information for me.

Thanks for any insight. We are getting very excited!

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

Working...
                              X