No announcement yet.

Raise your hand if you've ever left your gun at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I left a pair of socks, two shirt sleeves, drawers and a britches leg back at the ground blind. Dang long John silvers.

Comment

Didn't leave it at home. I did get to the stand one time looked in gun boot no gun.
      Had to go back to camp was laying on couch in the camper right where I left it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
        I’ve raised 5 kids. Trust me I have forgotten a lot of stuff getting them kiddos ready. I have actually turkey hunted in house shoes before cause I was so busy running around looking for gloves headnets etc
        Haha. This is a good excuse. I almost took my boy and forgot my gun yesterday. My wife asked me if I had the gun. With my luck...no gun, a monster would walk out.

Comment

Nope....haven't pulled that un' just yet (but probably will one-day...both of them). I have cranked the truck to leave without them, but, the ole double check caught the error.

However, twice I've been dialed in on a good un' and "click".....forgot to chamber a round. On a couple of occasions I raced to the course for a playing lesson and forgot my clubs.

So, there's lil doubt I'll forget my rifles one-day.....both of them.....matter of time I guess....😉

Comment

Dad forgot shotgun one time going duck hunting. Luckily, lake was only about 30 minutes away, so he came back home, got it and went back anyway.

I know of people who have come up on a covey-rise bird hunting, but didn't get anything on a picture-perfect point and flush.

Asked how many they got, said, "uh, none."
            "Oh, man, really?"
            "Well, I forgot to load my gun..... "

I try to have a very short check list after starting truck and before backing out of driveway: gun, bullets, license or bow, arrows, license. Anything else can pretty much be improvised.

Comment

Can’t say that I’ve had that happen to me.

Yet.[emoji3061]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
                Wayne, you shoulda hollered and I could have ran by the house, picked it up and brought it or met you.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                I wasn't too disappointed in it. Just getting out here relaxing is what I need anyways. Got to spend quality time with my middle child, so it didn't matter if I had my rifle for tonight or not. She didn't mind it.
                I told the guys coming tomorrow not to worry about bringing an extra one as I need to work on the dog anyways.

Comment

Yep this year...went out to piddle some then gonna set in stand....all I had was a 380

So I built a fire

Comment

No but left it in the motel room on a hunt at Gus Engeling once, and to be honest I was kinda glad I did. It was a January spike/doe hunt and that morning was in the teens, I was happy to go back and eat pancake breakfast at the marina

Comment

Happened last week to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                        Been there! Left my arrows at the house which was 90 miles away.
                        Me too. Did not realize it until sitting in blind getting ready to shoot a buck. Had the bow and no arrows.

3 years ago me and my youngest were hunting a buck for about 3 days strait before I realized i had yet to take crossbow bolts with us.. I never told him.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Wouldn't affect me. I bow hunt. That's why I'm on Texas Bowhunter.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                          But havent you tried using a truck as a bay boat before? On a bowhunting forum?
                          Last edited by doublearrow; 11-30-2019, 09:55 PM.

Comment

No, but I’ve taken a long rough boat ride with the rods in the bed of the truck.

Comment

Not yet , but have left my gun and truck key in a buddies truck before when filling up feeders and had to just have a rum and coke that evening

Comment

Left my release at home once. Killed my biggest buck at the time that hunt. Perfect heart shot.
                                Got back to the house and shot at my target with my fingers at 20 yards and missed the whole **** target...

Comment

Working...
                                X