A little heads up if crossing in Laredo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
    I'm not trying to ruffle feathers or be a smart***,but I'm genuinely curious. What is the allure of hunting in Mexico? Are the deer bigger? Better genetics? Or simply the thrill of going to a different country to hunt whitetail?
    You have to experience to truly understand the allure of ole mex...

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
      I'm not trying to ruffle feathers or be a smart***,but I'm genuinely curious. What is the allure of hunting in Mexico? Are the deer bigger? Better genetics? Or simply the thrill of going to a different country to hunt whitetail?
      You can hunt South Texas class deer, while paying Hill Country prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
        Been to parts of Mexico three times. Lived in texas 42 years.

Only been shot at in texas. Twice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        This!! I have traveled all over Mexico and the USA
        Only times I have been a crime victim or been terrified is in the USA and Northern Africa ( Morocco, Tunisia, Libia)
        I definitely recommend not traveling around in strange places at night in Mexico. ( or the USA for that matter)

Comment

Not sure why anyone would risk life and limb to go to that **** hole

Comment

Murder rate in Mexico vs USA. Take into account that Mexico does not report cries at a high rate as well. Mexico has right at 37k people missing last year as well that are still not accounted for.

rate
            mexico 29 per 100k

usa 5.3 per 100k

And there is nothing like hanging out on ranches in Ol Mex and watching the rodeos and shooting dove and quail. I am fortunate to have done it and hope one day things will change and I can take my kids.
            Last edited by glen; 11-19-2019, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Murder rate in Mexico vs USA. Take into account that Mexico does not report cries at a high rate as well. Mexico has right at 37k people missing last year as well that are still not accounted for.

rate
              mexico 29 per 100k

usa 5.3 per 100k

And there is nothing like hanging out on ranches in Ol Mex and watching the rodeos and shooting dove and quail. I am fortunate to have done it and hope one day things will change and I can take my kids.
              Yep. Some simple math with Mexico theoretically having the same amount of people as the US and carrying over their murder rate would put them at 110,088 people yearly.

Theoretically passing the blood thirsty country of Brazil whos the current leader at 63,000

Comment

Originally posted by Chad51 View Post
                No Cartel shootouts in the US. But how many school shootings and other mass shootings have there been? I'm willing to bet the number of murders year-to-date in the US exceeds the number in Mexico.
                I'll take that bet.....But, not your check...…….

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Not sure why anyone would risk life and limb to go to that **** hole

Bing----- O

Comment

We didn’t hear any shots
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by DallasCoon12; 11-19-2019, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                    We didn’t hear any shots
                    Glad yall sre having fun and are safe. Does t change the folks in Nuevo Laredos day one bit though.

Only thing I can think if it compare this too was all the antifa riots in the US. We dont have cartel run towns... unless you count lib cities like Chicago...

Comment

Figures..Just got off the phone with Ronnie about hunting in Mexico,lol

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I get a little nervous traveling to our lease, once we are there that all goes away, we are in the middle of nowhere, really enjoy it. I was told the military has been around quite a bit and we should expect to see them, I guess that is a good thing unless they come driving up at prime time.

Comment

I’ll take my chances here

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            You have to experience to truly understand the allure of ole mex...
                            Lol! That crap hole has nothing we don't have here. Been there and hunted and the deer suck,IMO. If bigger deer are your thing there are way more places in the USA than that place where the value of life isn't much.

Comment

Thank you everyone for the heads up. I've decided to give up Mexico Hunting because of the transpiring events.... please accept my new TBH name " New " Mexico " ... .

Comment

I don’t think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X