Savage .308 bolt gun shooters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage .308 bolt gun shooters

Just bought a 110, 20” .308 tactical and wanted to hear what ammo you guys have found this setup likes? Also, what kind of accuracy are you getting out of yours?

Thanks in advance.

Had a Model 10 243 combo from Walmart. Shot Hornady Whitetail about 1.5-2” at 100 yards. Never tried anything else.

Have a Model 16 Light Weight Hunter 308. Been shooting Rem 150 Core Loct out of it. 1-1.5”. Tried some Federal Gold Medal Match 168 BTHP shot 3/4-1”

Comment

Hornady Black 168g seems to shoot good out of mine.

Comment

I ran a box of Remington Core-Lokt 150gr thru it this weekend and the best I could get at 100 years was about 2” - 2-1/4” grouping. It was very random, almost like painting the corners of a 2” square.

it left me scratching my head a little.

Comment

I shoot the Winchester XP and can put two touching at 200. Shot an elk this year and he went 40 yards. Very accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of the Hornady's will shoot good in mine

Comment

Mine loves the black Amax 168. 1/2 MOA.

Also likes the super performance a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine came with a 20” barrel. Had it cut to 16.25”, recrowned, and threaded for a can. It shoots great. Easily sub-1” at 100. It likes 150gr Cor-Lokts. Also shoots 150gr Hornady Whitetail Specials just as good. I just like the Remingtons performance on deer better. For Sub-Sonics it likes the 168gr Amax from Beck.

Comment

I shoot Remington Corelok 150s and it's 1-1/2" at a 100. Probably better than I am.

Hornady super whiz bangs, don't remember exact name, 150 grain also, and they shot about the same except about 10" right of center. I got rid of them, I think.

Comment

Just goes to show that ya gotta find what it likes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Federal in mine shoots lights out.

Comment

It's usually the cheap stocks. I know you said you didn't want to monkey around with it but you will probably see a big improvement if you'd bed it and make sure that barrel is free from contact. They can also be picky about how tight your action screws are.

Comment

From what I am reading, I am not sure Ammon is the issue.

The stock is free floated, but not as clear as I would like.

I am going to pull the scope back off an re-torque everything.

After that, I will be calling Savage if no improvement.

Comment

tagged

Comment

I’ve found core-loks aren’t a good measurement for accuracy. The Hornady 150 interlock on the other hand shot sub MOA out of my factory savage 10 tactical. I hope it works out for ya.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X