Bass Pro ground blind saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bass Pro ground blind saga

Is anyone else having terrible luck with the Bass Pro “Blackout” ground blinds? A few years ago I bought their Blackout X180 hub blind. I inboxed it and read the instructions...really. It went up with no problems in the garage. I took it on a paid bow hunt in Castell and it went up again with no problems. Day 2 of the hunt the door zipper gave out and separated. I wasn’t happy but completed the hunt. BTW that was my 3rd and last year. 10 of 10 skunked each year.

I took the X180 back to Bass Pro and good to their word, they gave me a new one. It stayed in the box til this year since I wasn’t able to get in a single bow hunt.

Last week I opened the box and set the new X180 hub blind up like last time, in the garage. Once again no issues, so I stowed it away with all the other stuff for my upcoming trip to my new East Texas lease. Feeders, tripod, and 2 elevated blinds have been netting me a good number of hogs so far.

Tuesday afternoon I arrived at the lease and packed everything in to where I was gonna set up the blind. I cleared the area of brush, limbs, and other crackly stuff before setting out the blind. When I started popping the sides out, the second one had a leg piece stick through the bottom so this blind wasn’t going to work out.

Being 3.5 hours from home, I couldn’t do anything about it. And there’s no Bass Pro near Diboll that I’m aware of. So when life gives you lemons, and you don’t have Tequila, you shoot hogs. That always makes me feel better. Got 1 Tuesday evening, 1 Wednesday morning, and another 1 Thursday morning. Ones on ice and the two I shot in the face are buzzard bait.

Now to wrap this meandering story up, I stopped at Bass Pro on the way home and ask if I had any options since I didn’t have a receipt. The customer service guy said if I still had the box, it’d be A-OK to bring back for an exchange. I hurried home, unloaded everything and headed back to Pearland Bass Pro. When I got there, the people (different ones) said that my blind wasn’t available anymore but I could get a refund for store credit or exchange for another blind. The X180 was replaced with the X83 so I got the only one they had. Both are hub blinds and measure 72”x72”x74”H. They have the same windows and Camo pattern. Not sure what the difference is besides the name.

When she rang it up she said I owed $135. I guess the blind went on clearance at some point? They couldn’t or wouldn’t look into it. They also didn’t want to look into when I bought it through the Bass Pro points system. I wish I’d have left and came back when the meat eating male customer service rep would be there.

Yes I paid the $135 and no I’m not happy about it. But I sold an old kayak back to a guy I got it from and had that $100 bill with Ben Franklin looking at me, saying, “just give her the money”. So now I only hope that this third Bass Pro Blackout X83 hub blind will outlast the others. That shouldn’t be too much to ask, since they didn’t make it through their first hunts. I actually want this one to last for many many hunts!

Have any of y’all used these hub blinds from Bass Pro with similar or, I hope, better results?

Had one and it was a POS. Lasted one season and ended up full of holes. Design was great, quality was terrible.

Comment

Couldn’t read the entire post honestly. Had one and it didn’t last too long but I didn’t take it down at end of season either

Comment

Lol
        I Say you are crazy to invest another $135 into a blind that has failed twice but that’s just me [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But you voluntarily paid....

Comment

That stinks......Rogers Sporting Goods has the Double Bull Blinds on sale. Move to that one. You will be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
              That stinks......Rogers Sporting Goods has the Double Bull Blinds on sale. Move to that one. You will be happy.

Bought one from those guys and it ripped while I was putting it up. Still debating on if I want to hassle with trying to return/exchange it.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Man for around $30.00 more you could have purchased a good blind!

Comment

Hub blinds suck! Except when it is raining!

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                    Bought one from those guys and it ripped while I was putting it up. Still debating on if I want to hassle with trying to return/exchange it.

Sierracharlie out…
                    Double Bull is now owned by Primos and they have a lifetime warranty. I had one that went toes up during a storm and was ripped pretty badly. I sent it to them and they "repaired" it with patches. The patches didn't last so I called again and they sent me a brand new one. Give them a call.

Doug

Comment

I had one that lasted a season. Poles broke, seems unstitched, faded, etc. I ended up throwing it away.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                        This right here

Comment

So what is a good ground blind? i have never bought one but have looked into em and woulda figured the Bass Pro Hub woulda been ok but guess not

Comment

Since the consensus is to replace this new Blackout X83 while it’s still in the box, what would y’all recommend? I want one that 2 people can sit comfortably inside. The Primos Double Bull Deluxe is on sale for $249 from $479 at Rogers. It has a floor space of 60”x60”. The Blackout is 72”x72”.

Are there any other pop-up blinds comparably prices from other companies that get a Green Screen A+ rating?

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                              Double Bull is now owned by Primos and they have a lifetime warranty. I had one that went toes up during a storm and was ripped pretty badly. I sent it to them and they "repaired" it with patches. The patches didn't last so I called again and they sent me a brand new one. Give them a call.

Doug

Awesome thanks!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Working...
                              X