Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Granddaughter got her first buck this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good job!

Comment

Congratulations and even bigger congrats on passing the torch along.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats to her!

Comment

Congrats young lady!

Comment

Congratulations to your grand daughter

Comment

great deer young lady! congrats!

Comment

Congrats to all!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks everyone and thanks dad for guiding us. My girl started “hunting” with me when she was just two or three years old. Over the years we had some real short sits but I wanted to get her to enjoy it with me. It wasn’t always easy but it was always worth it. She shot her first deer two seasons ago, a nubbin buck, just like my first from way back when. Last year she shot a real nice doe. I always brag on her and thank her for helping put food on the table.

This year she said she wanted to try to get her first buck. I called my dad, and asked him what he had on camera. He told me he had just what she needed and to come on up. Soccer season ended at 4 yesterday afternoon. After that, me and her and little brother made the three hour drive to “pawpaw and gigi’s farm”.

5:30 came early this morning and it was cold. The three of us walked to a box blind and climbed inside shortly after 6. Pawpaw was on the left, her on the right and me in the middle. As soon as you could see silhouettes pawpaw said there were deer at the feeder. We were in some heavy oak cover and it was cloudy so it took a while to be able to see what anything was.

By around 7 we could see good enough to see that there were several bucks under and around the feeder. Pawpaw kept looking and announced that there was a good one in the pen. Baby girl put her gun out the window but her seat was too short. I hoped in the chair and got her in my lap. At this point, the test of patience really started.

For thirty minutes she watched this deer move into and out of the pen, never offering her a good shot. I could see the deer and kept thinking she had him but he wouldn’t stand still. After this long wait, he finally moved a couple of steps to the right and into the opening. She said she had him in the scope and I told her to drop the hammer. All I remember is seeing that white belly flop and it was game over!

I had been unable to get a great look before she shot but pawpaw said he was a good one. When we walked up to the deer I realized what she had done. I’ve been hunting close to thirty years and I only have one deer that may be bigger than this one and I’m not sure that it is.

To top it off, pawpaw had hog traps set and there were ten in there when we checked them after the hunt. My 7 year old boy got to dispatch some bigs to go along with sister’s deer. We had a great family morning making memories that will last a lifetime.

Thanks to pawpaw, my dad, for getting us all together and on the animals.

Comment

Good stuff all the way around! Congrats to all

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Yeah! That's a nice one

Comment

Awesome..congrats on a good buck

Comment

Congrats to the young lady.

Comment

Great buck! Congratulations guys!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk