Hand Sanitizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Sanitizer

Well pondering about to start making gallons of it.

With approx 80 construction workers and no bulk to be found I have no choice. I have been spending $500 every 3 days for the guys buying bulk, and now sold out. Regardless, I cant keep spending that for weeks or months on end. New OSHA guidelines requires that or soap and water often. Soap and water not as easy you think on some sites and not cost effective for 40- 60 men stand in line at lousy portable site sink. We are making it mandatory the foreman witness each man clean hands at sign in, break, lunch, and break and sign out and also starting Monday taking temperature every morning at sign in. Some of these sites have hundreds of guys, not sure how long until we are shut down.

Anyways, easy to find alcohol and aloe vera in gallons and fives.

Sean

I know where a 10,000 gallon tank is with 180 proof ethanol...

Comment

You may be able to find isopropyl or isopropanol in gallon jugs. Check Grainger, McMaster, MSC Direct, Google. Not sure if these have been raided yet. You could probably purchase a 55 gallon drum and transfer as needed.

Comment

Not one mention of DMos trigger word either

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
          Not one mention of DMos trigger word either
          Lol...

Tuned in. I was reading up on it this morning for my guys.

Comment

Well be aware...I understand from our custodial services folks that the government has requested all bulk sanitizer be sent to them. So you may have only a soap and water option. The others may be bad for skin if you don't get the mix right.

Good luck and post up if you find a mix that really works. we may all have to go to his method.

Comment

FYI:
              hand sanitizer has very little science behind it & needs to be on the surface for 5+ minutes to work...I’ve tested it at the microbiology level

Psychologically it makes us feel good but waste of time & money

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                FYI:
                hand sanitizer has very little science behind it & needs to be on the surface for 5+ minutes to work...I’ve tested it at the microbiology level

Well then.

Comment

Originally posted by JayB View Post
                  Well be aware...I understand from our custodial services folks that the government has requested all bulk sanitizer be sent to them. So you may have only a soap and water option. The others may be bad for skin if you don't get the mix right.

Good luck and post up if you find a mix that really works. we may all have to go to his method.

I haven’t heard that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

FYI:

Tell it to OSHA bud. Just following rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
                      Tell it to OSHA bud. Just following rules.

I hear ya
                      It’s def popular & I’ll use in emergency but good old friction based hand washing is best

Comment

I hear ya
                        It’s def popular & I’ll use in emergency but good old friction based hand washing is best
                        Dont agree with you FYI. Looking at water station ideas too. Its grey water, so dont really need sewer. We are using water bottles and soap on some sites now.

Comment

Yeah it’s definitely controversial
                          Don’t blame ya

Comment

FYI:

[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Amazon has propylene glycol for $34/gallon available for delivery Mar 25th.
                              Make sure your solution is at least 60% alcohol or more.

Comment

Working...
                              X