New Hound in Town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Hound in Town

A couple of weeks ago I had to put my most loyal buddy Gunner to rest. The cancer had taken its toll on him. After 12 years with him by my side, and 2 nights without him, it was determined the only way I was getting through that agony was through a new buddy. I don’t duck hunt much anymore, and Gunner has a special place in my heart, so I didn’t want to go with another Lab. I decided to go for a hound and get him trained up for wounded game recovery. For those that know me, know when I get going on something, I am relentless and put 100% into it. Maybe we’ll be able to help a fellow TBHer out one of these days.

Meet Tucker the Bloodhound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a good buddy!! But Congratulations on finding a new one!!

Comment

Hey Tucker!!

I want a B&T, bloodhound, or poodle next.

Comment

Now that is gonna be a BEAST!!! Nothing like a HOUND!!!!

Comment

A cutie for sure.

Comment

You picked an awesome pup! Sorry for your loss. Best wishes on this new friendship

Comment

Good looking pup! I would love to have a recovery contact from TBH in my phone! I hunt not far from you.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                Good looking pup! I would love to have a recovery contact from TBH in my phone! I hunt not far from you.
                Once I feel he’s ready to take a track, I will add our name to the tracking dog list. I hope I can find some folks within an hour or so to run some practice tracks, even if a dog isn’t needed. We’ll see how training goes this summer.

Comment

Some dogs are just plain hard to get over. Hopefully he will fit the nitch. Congrats!

Comment

Sorry for the loss. My bloodhound passed away back in November. Great family dog.

Be ready for the slobber/drool. You have a good looking pup though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
                      Some dogs are just plain hard to get over. Hopefully he will fit the nitch. Congrats!
                      I knew I was going to be sad about it, but I had no idea to what extent. I’ll be honest, I had more hurt losing him than I have had losing some family members.

Comment

One of the coldest noses there is, and great personalities.
                        Should be a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                          Once I feel he’s ready to take a track, I will add our name to the tracking dog list. I hope I can find some folks within an hour or so to run some practice tracks, even if a dog isn’t needed. We’ll see how training goes this summer.
                          I’m about 45 minutes from Tyler. Whenever he’s ready shoot me a PM and we can shoot some pigs and let him track.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                            I’m about 45 minutes from Tyler. Whenever he’s ready shoot me a PM and we can shoot some pigs and let him track.
                            Deal!

Comment

Cute pup!

Comment

Working...
                              X