Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H.E.B. - That is impressive for a grocery chain.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walker View Post
    Heb is privately (family) owned so they probably wont ever get bought out. No hostile takeovers for sure.

Whataburger was too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
      Maybe in your area. There are two Walmarts in my city and one H-E-B and the H-E-B fresh vegetable section is embarrassing. The two Walmarts almost always have immaculate looking vegetable sections. The Walmart meat section is at least as good and usually better. H-E-B does have a better selection of some meats like I can get lamb at the H-E-B And about 25 different brands of wieners.

I am sure that local management has everything to do with it and it is the same for Walmart. Some Walmart are probably trashy and dirty and H-E-B great, but not in my city.

HEB is an awesome company and I think they do great things however comparing stores is not always the same, according to where you are.

Most of the stuff at our H-E-B looks good. Since you mentioned uhhhhhh weiners, our H-E-B only carries beef hot dogs. Beef hot dogs suck.

Also many times Albertson’s has better meat and seafood at better prices.

All that said, we still do the majority of our shopping at H-E-B.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

H-E-B is a great company.

I had to go to one of their stores this morning in Round Rock. No line outside and it wasn’t overly busy. They did have every check lane open and Curbside was full of orders. I think it’s smart for them to limit how many can be in the store at once. Helps to protect their team members and everyone else. All this hoarding is ridiculous.

Comment

Just can't beat HEB- and its a Texas operation

Comment

I just left HEB in Kerrville. They sprayed my hands with sanitizer and wiped down the cart before I went in. Very polite and friendly. Not much of a crowd but still no toilet paper.

Comment

When Harvey came ashore here in Rockport, HEB was the best kind of corporate neighbor you could ask for, and Walmart wasn't too far behind. HEB is too small and crowded too often now, so I wind up at WallyWorld. Can hardly get into HEB since they converted so many spaces to Curb-Side or some such thing.

Comment

HEB may be limiting customers, line, but at least they attempt to sanitize their carts and have hand wipes everywhere. Went to Kroger's and there was no sign of any sanitizing being done. I'll wait in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  Heb is privately (family) owned so they probably wont ever get bought out. No hostile takeovers for sure.
                  Last I heard, Charles is the last one left and when he croaks, who knows what will happen.

Comment

Here in Monterrey is the same, HEB is on the top

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                      Last I heard, Charles is the last one left and when he croaks, who knows what will happen.
                      He had a couple of nephews who will likely take over.

Comment

I am a big fan of HEB. When I was looking to buy a house in the golden triangle I had to take Bridge City off my list because they didn’t have an HEB.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Kroger sucks. Lol. Might as well go to Walmart.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I really admire the CEO, runs a great organization. My wife runs into from time to time in our local store. He is engaged!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X