Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear bags

Upgrading some of my gear To match my new rifles from APR haha

What rear bags are everyone using? Lots of good looking affordable options out there now. Looking at light packable ones for steep mtn hunting and ones strictly for range days.

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
    Upgrading some of my gear To match my new rifles from APR haha

What rear bags are everyone using? Lots of good looking affordable options out there now. Looking at light packable ones for steep mtn hunting and ones strictly for range days.
    You'd be hard pressed to find a more versatile bag than a Game changer or pint sized game changer using the "Git-Lite" fill material.

Comment

I bought a tube sock and a bag of black beans at WalMart on the advice of a sniper instructor that I took a long range class from-- poured the beans in and tied a knot in it and it's the best rear bag I've had hands down.
      I have used a Caldwell cheapo bag as well as a nice leather bunny ear bag and the sock is better by FAR. More range, better adjustability, and more stability
      He said he used pinto beans but I prefer black.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
        I bought a tube sock and a bag of black beans at WalMart on the advice of a sniper instructor that I took a long range class from-- poured the beans in and tied a knot in it and it's the best rear bag I've had hands down.
        I have used a Caldwell cheapo bag as well as a nice leather bunny ear bag and the sock is better by FAR. More range, better adjustability, and more stability
        He said he used pinto beans but I prefer black.
        Just dont get them wet. Haha.

I used aquarium rocks for my range bags because I wanted them heavy. Obviously not practical for hunting applications because of the weight.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m running wiebad pump pillow and fortune cookie on my PRS setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use homemade sand bags. Found some woodland camo print fabric at JoAnn's and the neighbor let me steal some pool sand he bought. I made 6 bags and that has been 10 years ago...

Comment

I guess you can get some beans and a tube sock.... or if you want something a lil more high speed, the Fortune Cookie or the Game Changer would be viable options. I have both and use both. For a ultra light weight bag, Str8 Laced used to make the best one around. I believe they are being made by someone else now though and I don’t know what they are called. They literally weigh nothing.

Comment

An old sock with poly beads off of Amazon.
                Last edited by Brute Killer; 06-25-2019, 07:29 PM. Reason: Added link

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input. Those Armageddon game changer bags look sweet. Might just have to pick 1 or 2 up!

Comment

Originally posted by Stick1 View Post
                    You'd be hard pressed to find a more versatile bag than a Game changer or pint sized game changer using the "Git-Lite" fill material.
                    Just to confirm your ordering the bag from armageddon and the fill from a separate company?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                      They literally weigh nothing.
                      literally?
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by OSU Fisher View Post
                        Thanks everyone for the input. Those Armageddon game changer bags look sweet. Might just have to pick 1 or 2 up!
                        Those are sweet for sure. Spend the $3 on a sock and some beans and see which one you use more when you've got both at the range.

Comment

Working...
                        X