6.7 Powerstroke- Best Tuner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.7 Powerstroke- Best Tuner?

Looking to do some upgrades on my '14 6.7 Powerstroke. Looking for a tuner that will reprogram with EGR and DEF deletes. Plan right now is to install a tuner and install 5" straight pipe exhaust. May do the EGR delete in the future. What tuner other than H&S Mini Maxx can reprogram with the EGR and DEF deletes? Any concern with H&S being out of business and buying one?

Thanks,

Spartan

Comment

I went with the SCT livewire and tyrant tunes. Runs good. If you go with SCT, don't get the new programmer. They are having a ton of issues. Stick with the X4 or old Livewire.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
        I went with the SCT livewire and tyrant tunes. Runs good. If you go with SCT, don't get the new programmer. They are having a ton of issues. Stick with the X4 or old Livewire.

Yup. Might not want to waste your time on a miniMax since they no longer offer support for them. I’ll be doing mine next year (end of warranty) with an SCT X4 and tyrant tunes. Might was well delete the EGR while you are at it. If you clog it up by not deleting it, it becomes useless anyway.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Watching closely. Was going to buy this week the SCT tuner, delete the EGR but leave on motor and exhaust. $904 was quote for parts.

Comment

I have done mine and several others all went with sct with tyrant tunes with that did exhaust, intake, and block off plates. Also something to look into while doing the other mods is a disaster prevention kit (cp4 by pass) a quick google search will tell you all about it

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowthreat View Post
              How do I tell which one is the old Livewire?

Comment

DP Tuner is the best on the market

Comment

I’ve got EZ Lync on mine... no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Roperyoung View Post
                    Spartan
                    I think they are called Patriot now. I have their tunes on my 6.4 and absolutely love it.

Comment

I bought an H&S XRT Pro from a fellow TBH'er and haven't looked back. It also came with an Edge CTS that can read codes. You can also take it to someone that can put in custom codes and have them to bounce ideas off of for peace of mind. I deleted EGR and ran straight pipe from turbo to exhaust on my '09 Dodge 3500 6.7L.

I'm curious what a larger pipe does, have considered it but I don't know what difference it would make or if it would make a huge difference. I'm not criticizing, just clueless on it and would like that answer.

Comment

In theory a larger diameter pipe would be less restriction which would lead to less back pressure thus reducing egt. A lot of it is just for sound and looks tho in my opinion unless u tow very heavy or race with a lot of horse power won’t really see a difference if your already straight piped.

Comment

Any other recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                            I’ve got EZ Lync on mine... no complaints.
                            Yup

Comment

I went with H&S, like it a lot. One thing to consider, if I were you, I would consider 4" and muffler, at 70 mine drones while pulling. I can only imagine how bad it would be with a 5" straight pipe.

Unless you aren't pulling anything, then it might be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X