Ziploc Omelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ziploc Omelet

Found this useful on another site and had to Share.

ZIPLOC OMELET.

(This works great !!. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet).

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.

Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc. (substitute ham with some of your spicy canned venison)
    Each hunter adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.

Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
    Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.

Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready for the morning hunt. And in 13 minutes, you got a nice omelet for a quick breakfast!

Last edited by bullwinkl; 11-19-2011, 06:55 PM.

That's cool! wonder if it would work with a vaccum sealer?

Comment

Im going to have to give that a try.

Comment

DANG.. that is slick... This will not hurt the Ziplock bag. hmmmmmm.. gonna have to try this.. Before camp..
        great find.

Comment

Now that is MY kind of recipe..... quick, easy, and not much cleaning required!
          Thanks!

Comment

Sounds like I might have to try that....sounds easy enough.

Comment

That looks easy, I will try that for sure. Thanks

Comment

Great idea, just be careful of some of the cheaper thinner no-name bags... they may not hold, freezer bags should do just fine. Best to test if using some off-brand sandwhich bags.

Comment

yes it works with the vacuum sealed bags.

Comment

will definitely try this one. Thanks.

Comment

Vacuum bags will work but freezer bags work just fine so why waste the money. The boiling water puts water vapor on the bags so they don't burn or melt. Trick is to let the air out of the bag so the eggs sit down in the water better and cook a little quicker.
                      Just don't put anything like milk or water, salsa etc... in the bag because it will not evaporate the water off like when it's in a pan. Add the watery stuff after it's open.
                      I did this at work and it was a big hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                        Now that is MY kind of recipe..... quick, easy, and not much cleaning required!
                        Thanks!

Ditto that!!

Comment

i just have one question isnt it faster in a non stick pan like around five minutes i beleve it was this has to be like for camp or something away from home rihgt...

Comment

dont get me wrong i think its a great idea ...

Comment

GOOD tasting, Did a test run with ziplock bag last night for dinner. Tasty.

18 minutes, with two big egg's, cheeze veggies.

13 minutes, still had goo coming out of sack. Placed back in for another 5 minutes. Pefect.

Feel the middle if gooey, its not done. Play with time on size of egg. 13 minutes is good start... adjust from that point.

Will Elk hunt come Tonight, Will do this Egg boil in Mornig for the gang. should be faster. then pan.

Good posting on this idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X