Brazos County Archery Club (Bryan) shoot - May 20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brazos County Archery Club (Bryan) shoot - May 20

We are not hosting our regular monthly shoot this Sunday, but have moved it to May 20. 10 am shotgun start, please register by 9:30.

Concessions available (thinking about BBQ chicken!)

Prizes for all classes. ASA targets and rules.

Hope to see you all there!

Starting this Sunday, after the shoot, from 3 to 5 pm I will be offering a coaching session for $20 per person. I will have an agenda and specific topic to discuss and I will spend time with each person. Please bring your own bow to shoot.

This first one will be "Get a Grip" - Discussion will be about the different types of grips and styles and the pros and cons of each.

Hope to see you there!

Comment

We not going to be able to shoot. Ethan "my oldest" has Baccueralet "somthing like that" services at 2. I havnt gotten to shoot in a while. Got my new strings and havnt gotten to try them out.

Comment

I'm hopefully going to start attending. I just bought a new bow with lower weight so I can shoot more arrows. With my old bow I couldn't shoot more than about 15 arrows without hurting my shoulder.

I've never done 3d. About how many arrows do you shoot total?

Comment

30 targets I keep 6 arrows with me in case I lose one or they get damaged. You shoot 1 arrow at each target. Sorta like golf. 1 station at a time.

Comment

I'm in for this one! Work is just going to have to do without me

Comment

Originally posted by down2hunt View Post
              I'm hopefully going to start attending. I just bought a new bow with lower weight so I can shoot more arrows. With my old bow I couldn't shoot more than about 15 arrows without hurting my shoulder.

I've never done 3d. About how many arrows do you shoot total?
              Good deal. Looking forward to seeing you. Arrows - just one is needed -- if you hit every target and no one hits your arrow.

Since this will be your first 3D shoot, may I recommend Bow Novice? It has a 30 yard max and you can use a range finder on every target. Once you get your feet wet, you can decide if you want to move up to Hunter, which is a 40 yard max but you can only use a RF on the first 15.

Tracey
              President, Brazos County Archery Club

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                Starting this Sunday, after the shoot, from 3 to 5 pm I will be offering a coaching session for $20 per person. I will have an agenda and specific topic to discuss and I will spend time with each person. Please bring your own bow to shoot.

This first one will be "Get a Grip" - Discussion will be about the different types of grips and styles and the pros and cons of each.

Hope to see you there!
                just a reminder....

Get A Grip

Comment

I'll be there for the lesson!

Comment

Brazos County put on another great shoot today. I thoroughly enjoyed the course, even #27 the food was hot and tasty, and the folks were friendly and helpful. Tracey, a big thank you for the coaching session. I got as much from listening to you talk to the others as from the one on one. Your time and dedication to assisting others is truly appreciated! I'm already looking forward to next month.

Comment

I was very pleased with the turnout for the shoot. It was a good time and the weather was a "Chamber of Commerce" day.

Next month we return to our second Sundays - June 10 at 10 am!

oh, and the coaching topic will be "Release the Beast - making it work for you!"

Comment

I definitely need to attend this coming class. My release has been misbehaving quite a bit lately.

Comment

Working...
                        X