Texas ASA Federation Qualifier at Cinnamon Creek Ranch on January 28-29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another question. Sorry.

If I'm reading it correctly, are shooters at all ASA tournaments required to wear a collared shirt? Tucked in with a belt?

Comment

Collared shirt but doesn't have to be tucked in and no belt necessary! Some folks would quit if we were that strict! It's enforced at the Pro/Ams but not so much at the Federation level, especially in the Texas Summer Heat

Comment

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post

If I'm reading it correctly, are shooters at all ASA tournaments required to wear a collared shirt? Tucked in with a belt?
        No sir. A t shirt with pants or shorts is fine. Just keep it respectable is the general rule. Hope to see you there.

Comment

Originally posted by TXSunFalcon View Post
          Do you have to be a member to participate?
          You may shoot any ASA state qualifier without being an ASA member. You must be a member to shoot an ASA Pro/Am or compete for awards at the ASA state championship. Come out and shoot with us. An ASA qualifier is just like a club shoot with possibly a few more shooters. We have classes for all ages, genders and skill levels. You will have a great time.

Originally posted by ovalohunter View Post

The collared shirt rule is a Pro/Am rule and is enforced at Pro/Ams. At Pro/Ams there are usually local TV news camera crews. ASA, as a family oriented organization prefers not to be represented by Bubba in cut offs and a tank top.

At the state federation level we are more lenient. T-shirts are ok, but we expect shooters to dress appropriately.

Comment

Y'all have all been extremely helpful. Looking forward to shaking a few hands. Thanks, Kelsey

Comment

OK, planning to join ASA today and come next weekend to shoot.

I'm new to this so help me out here please...I was looking over the ASA rules and wondering about the descriptions of the classes. For example, The Women's Open says "45yrds 280FPS" so does that mean the longest distance shooting will be 45 yards and the minimum will be ??? and the 280FPS is the max speed of the arrow permitted in that class? Right?

Comment

280 fps (3% margin of error allowed) is max arrow speed correct. The yardage listed is the max you may have to shoot while average shot will be much lower. There is no technical min except the stake but you won't find too many targets under 20.

Comment

Originally posted by TXSunFalcon View Post
                  OK, planning to join ASA today and come next weekend to shoot.

I'm new to this so help me out here please...I was looking over the ASA rules and wondering about the descriptions of the classes. For example, The Women's Open says "45yrds 280FPS" so does that mean the longest distance shooting will be 45 yards and the minimum will be ??? and the 280FPS is the max speed of the arrow permitted in that class? Right?

We have several classes for women. If you are using a bowhunting set up (pins, 12" or less stabilizer, 260 fps speed) you should consider Women's Bowhunter. Womens's Hunter is all known distance 30 yards max distance. We also have the Women's Known 40 class which is any type of equipment (scope, and stabilizer set up and 280 speed). You may use a range finder for all targets 40 yards max distance. Women's Open B class is new for 2012. (scope, stabilizer set up, and 280 speed). 1/2 known distance and 1/2 unknown distance, 40 yards max distance. Women's Open A class (scope, and stabilizer set up, 280 speed), all unknown distance and 45 yards max distance.

Get with me or Tracy at the shoot. We will get you in the proper class based on your equipment and experience.

Comment

Looks like I'm in for Sunday now....C ya there...

Comment

For anyone that'll be in the DFW area on Friday evening, I've started a thread about a HH Friday evening. Just an FYI.

Comment

Looks like saturday for me, maybe this year i can break 300

"arrows"

Comment

The collared shirt rule is a Pro/Am rule and is enforced at Pro/Ams. At Pro/Ams there are usually local TV news camera crews. ASA, as a family oriented organization prefers not to be represented by Bubba in cut offs and a tank top.

Hey I resent that Bubba comment or wait I mean resymble it one of the 2 i think not sure

Comment

Saturday for me bringing my daughter who is shooting womens hunter this year she is a beginner so all the help she gets will be awsome thanks yall see ya saturday

Comment

trads can shoot 8am or 10 am with everyone else!

Comment

What time does the shoot start Saturday? I have heard 10:00 but I'm not sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X