Which Rifle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droptine8850 View Post
    My Rem 700 5r Milspec 308 does that easily and most factory ammo around 1/2"

Same here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
      Same here [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Same here too, 308 and 223 Remmy

Comment

I’m not in on the Remmy, might find one that’ll do it, might not. I’ve got a 700 AAC that’ll do it, but I’ve shot others that won’t.

My vote would be Tikka or Bergara. At $1500 (assuming you don’t include glass in the budget) you’re getting real close to the budget for a Bergara Premier which have a lot of good options. Then it’s take your pick... Approach, Ridgeback, HMR, etc. depending on stock preferences, barrel weights and lengths, bottom metal/mags, etc. I’ve shot a basic HMR at long range, extended(ish) strings. 3/4 MOA is not a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
          I’m not in on the Remmy, might find one that’ll do it, might not. I’ve got a 700 AAC that’ll do it, but I’ve shot others that won’t.

My vote would be Tikka or Bergara. At $1500 (assuming you don’t include glass in the budget) you’re getting real close to the budget for a Bergara Premier which have a lot of good options. Then it’s take your pick... Approach, Ridgeback, HMR, etc. depending on stock preferences, barrel weights and lengths, bottom metal/mags, etc. I’ve shot a basic HMR at long range, extended(ish) strings. 3/4 MOA is not a problem.
          This is spot on. I’ve seen enough current Remingtons that would shoot, but I’ve also seen enough that wouldn’t. It’s not worth the risk IMO. Tikka and Bergara both will shoot, and you’re right at Bergara Premier money at $1500.

Comment

Bergara or Remington 700 upper tier models.

Comment

A lot of this discussion should be directed towards the rifle's purpose

My 700 milspec 5r and 300 WM sendero special are tack drivers

But if I'm on a mule deer or elk hunt where a lot of walking hiking climbing is involved

I'm grabbing my Tikka

another factor is glass

Budget $$$ for rifle AND glass must be considered

rifle shoots only as good as the scope allows

Total package matters

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bergara B14 HMR

Comment

R700 5R Gen2 or Tikka CTR and be done with it--

If you want less expensive options the Rem 783 heavy barrel-

Comment

At $1500 I suggest holding off a little save a bit more and get a custom built like you want.

Comment

My vote = Tikka. Either T3X or CTR.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                        Factory, 308, 98% probability it will shoot 3/4 MOA with factory ammo, 22-24” medium/heavy barrel, composite stock. $1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I just bought a Howa 1500 in HS Precision stock from Sportsman's Guide. Guaranteed sub-moa. They have a special right now for the Howa HS 1500 308 medium heavy threaded barrel for under $600. The stocks are about $500 from
                        HS Precision. My 6.5 put 5 shots touching at 100 yards

Comment

in

Comment

SAKO end of story

Comment

I don’t have one but I am searching as well and I like what I see on Christensen Arms Mesa

Comment

I looked at Tikka, Bergara, Fierce, Sako, Weatherby, Mauser M12 and Christensen.

I don’t think you could go wrong with any of those choices. I went with the Christensen Mesa for a few reasons, not saying it’s better than the others, just a preference choice.

Just getting it broke in per Christensen’s reco and it’s under an inch. I’m sure it’ll get better once I start trying different loads.

Comment

Working...
                                X