Everything Sushi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
    Don’t want to hear it. He can’t even make it to Deckhands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The AK-47 looks awesome! I'm going tomorrow for sushi.

And I didn't get that last Deckhands text until 4 hours later! You were probably back in Dallas before I saw it LOL

But I hear you. I really need to make it to Deckhands. But now my daughter is all over me for more sushi. Good luck changing her mind. 1st world problems!

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
      In the instance of food/drink emotions & price & pre-conceived expectations are a big factor. I eat out often and generally can deal with crappy service and so so food when they screw up. I roll with it. Agreed the higher end places you have greater expectations of the overall experience and when not met most will lie about it since they let everyone know "guess where were going tonight" garbage. Just like all the food threads on TBH no one will agree whats best.

In the first world people problems thread I mentioned that I am addicted to this seasoned/spicy tuna sushi place that opened up two months ago in walking distance from my house. They get a pass tonight.

For those in Houston if you ever find yourself near Shepherd and 34th street on Tuesday evenings drop into Cottonwood. It's a bar with live music outside. Tuesday nights they run a 10oz fillet steak special with garlic mashed potatoes and green beans for $17.

It's a steal.

They are losing their *** on that fillet! The one they serve is a fine cut of meat for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
        Not even close if your taste buds never fully developed. Ever wonder why Sushi is hardly ever offered to kids? They mostly like bland stuff when they start eating solids, and then their taste buds evolve from there and stop somewhere. Some peoples tastes buds max out on Hot dogs and some go all the way to sushi and even more. If you think Tex mex is the Pinnacle of food I can't help you. There is a reason most of Tops Chefs love sushi, and a lot if people spend $$$$$$ on good sushi.

ThTs a pretty impressive pile of horse **** you dreamed up...[emoji1360]

Comment

I spend a good deal of time in Japan on business. I'm here now, for the fifth time already this year. Before I started coming here several years ago, the only sushi I was willing to try was rolls, usually with cooked fish or shrimp, and tempura. Sushi rolls are still my favorite, but being exposed to so much authentic Japanese cuisine here, I have certainly expanded my diet and now really enjoy nigiri and sashimi. I'm still pretty picky about the nigiri and sashimi that I eat, although I have tried just about all of it... including horse, chicken and whale. I don't recommend any of those three! Fresh sushi, nigiri and sashimi are overly abundant and very reasonably priced here at most restaurants. My lunch today was eight selected pieces of nigiri for around $20.

Last year during one trip, there was a fishing show hosted by Shimano in the convention center adjacent to my usual hotel. At one of the stations in the food area, there were a couple of chefs carving fresh bluefin tuna. It was amazing to watch them deconstruct a 200 lb fish into 200 gram bowls of fresh raw fatty goodness, and even more amazing to eat. I think I paid around $60 for a bowl and a cold beer, which seemed like a bargain compared to some of the finer restaurants here.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Is this on most menus or do you have to ask for it?
            It's generally found in the appetizer menu if they do have it. There's no harm asking if they don't have it on the menu though.

Comment

Didn't see anyone mention yet, Sushi Robata @ NE corner of Frankford & Tollway in Addison. They are like Tei Tei's off Knox-Henderson in Dallas without the wait.

I like the sweet shrimp nigiri if you've never tried raw shrimp, best in class at Sushi Robata. They'll fry the heads up for you in the traditional way. If you like the "butter" from the crawfish and lobster heads, you're in for a treat!

Comment

$1 Sushi night at Ichibon near NASA! Its goin down like Lewinsky tonight!

Comment

At the place I go I get 3 different rolls. Firework Roll, Louisiana Roll and a Shaggy Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Rotney View Post
                    I’ll meet ya there sometime and we can tear it up.

The best sushi I’ve found in Plano is Simon’s. NE corner of 75 and Plano Parkway. It’s absolutely awesome.
                    We will have to make the rounds! We went for the experience and the kids loved it. It's not the great. They do have the octopus there. That's a different texture than even I was comfortable with. I'll power through almost anything, but that rubbery stuff is impossible to avoid.

I will add Simon's to the list. My favorite is Oishii in Dallas. Off the Tollway and Wycliffe. Service is amazing. They have the off menu stuff for regulars (have to ask for separate menu) that is second to none.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                      Not sushi but I recommend Hamachi Kama, it's a grilled yellowtail collar that's absolutely delicious. My 6 year old daughter always orders one when we go out for sushi.

Bump for something new

Comment

Hamachi is one of my favorite fish. If you can find them at a seafood market they are amazing butterflied and smoked.

Comment

Rest of the meal. To make it worse for y’all, in the SF Bay Area. 72 degrees low humidity.

Comment

The family and I hit Blue Fish in the Woodlands today. Seaweed Salad, Fried Calamari, Volcano Roll, Spicy Tuna Roll, Louisiana Roll...………..and 4 Toro Sushi!!!! Yep, it was GOOD and worth it!!! I forgot to take pics......lol!!!

Comment

I really like the Fuji Sushi place off 7th street in Corsicana , TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                                This is my favorite. Most places call it a Tuna tower or ahi tower
                                Ahi tower here in BCS. Tempura 40 (best sushi in town) Ours is dressed with fish eggs

Comment

Working...
                                X