No announcement yet.

Worried: went to HR about Supv Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of folks on here need to read up on Jocko Willink's principles of leadership.

To the OP, I would start looking for another job though, it ain't worth it to put up with an incompetent leader who can't control his emotions.

Comment

Worried: went to HR about Supv Friday

Nobody goes to work to get cussed. Do some people deserve it, absolutely. Should Bosses do it, absolutely not. Supervision is supposed to be able to handle these situations in an appropriate and professional manner. There is a right way to tune people up and a wrong way to tune people up. This supervisor obviously lacks the tools in his box to handle things like a professional, HR should know about it and he should be put on notice that his behavior should be changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Insert:

"I just got notified by HR that an employee filed a complaint against me for verbal abuse, where do you work OP?"

Comment

Unless he's threatening to kidnap your family or something, they are just words at the end of the day. Just how I look at it. If someone is just an arse to be an arse, they usually get what they deserve.

Comment

Originally posted by bauce302 View Post
            once you complain to HR you have less than a year left at said company.
            Guess I am an exception to your belief. I have had to file retaliation and harassment chargers on a number of supervisors over the years with H R. Part of my job as a union chairman. Just make sure everything is documented. Dates, times, witnesses, conversation, etc..

Comment

HR's #1 goal is to minimize any legal risk to the company by covering their rears. they work for the owners and management, not the normal employees.

if you have ability to transfer to another group, consider that. my company has many different cultures within it with very different styles.

if not, one of you needs to leave and guessing he won't volunteer to go....

Comment

I am a boss/business owner/manager and I never cuss my employees ever. Its not professional and it causes resentment. You get a better result by being rational and respectful.
                With that said I would say your boss is a dumb m%^$^ker!

Comment

I gotta ask. Why did your boss cuss you 3 times? Did you mess up 3 different times or 3 times on the same job?

Comment

I was in the Marine Corps for a long time and have thick skin BUT I demand a certain level of respect. I give it and I expect it. I Will not allow another person to scream at me or cuss me. I don’t do it to you you will not do it to me. I would have had a heart to heart the first time he tried it and explained to him the error of his ways in a professional military manner. I am very good a chewing *** myself without being loud or vulgar.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Guess I am an exception to your belief. I have had to file retaliation and harassment chargers on a number of supervisors over the years with H R. Part of my job as a union chairman. Just make sure everything is documented. Dates, times, witnesses, conversation, etc..
                      We need more unions.

Comment

HR? LOL

I’ve been assigned a couple on-line “sensitivity in the workplace” modules resulting from job-site discussions

It’s all part of it. Didn’t even have to fill out a hurt feelings report
                        🤣[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                          We need more unions.

yeah, right.....

What we need are more actual grown ups in the world.

My boss cussed at me, and I cussed him right back.

If you overheard our phone conversations, you'd never guess he's my boss.

He's also the head of HR, so he better watch his **** step or I'll report him to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            yeah, right.....

What we need are more actual grown ups in the world.

My boss cussed at me, and I cussed him right back.

If you overheard our phone conversations, you'd never guess he's my boss.

He's also the head of HR, so he better watch his **** step or I'll report him to him!

Sounds like where I work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                              We need more unions.
                              some will agree, most won't

Comment

Personally, I would stop doing the stuff that is causing him to curse at me.

Comment

Working...
                                X