Dog breed recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anatolian Shepherd
    Ours has been a great addition to our family. Smart, well behaved, gets along great with people and other pets. Occasionally likes to "herd" family members. We did not expect him to outweigh his parents by 30# at his first birthday. He came from a cattle/goat ranch.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Lost Arra; 06-13-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Any cattle breed. Love our Healers............

Comment

I would just go with the popular lab. there is a reason a lot of people have them

Comment

You said working breed. You don’t want to have a working breed that ain’t working and you said in house alone when at work. Might want to reconsider Your thought process. Just saying. Labs are great dogs and I wouldn’t trade mine for anything, but they are every bit as hyper as a wiemariner. Have had both.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Arra View Post
            Anatolian Shepherd
            Ours has been a great addition to our family. Smart, well behaved, gets along great with people and other pets. Occasionally likes to "herd" family members. We did not expect him to outweigh his parents by 30# at his first birthday. He came from a cattle/goat ranch.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My sister in law adopted two dogs a couple years ago. One turned out to be an Anatolian. It sheds but dang it's a good dog. Super smart and real gentle with the kids.

Comment

Standard Poodle Great breed smart easy to train and they do not shed.

An exploration of the history, temperament, physical features, & specialized role of the Standard Poodle as a hunting dog.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Texas Tracker; 06-13-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Blue View Post
                I would just go with the popular lab. there is a reason a lot of people have them
                Cheap. Easy to get. Boring. Etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have become very partial to Hounds, specifically the Black And Tan. Our Josey has the best demeanor of any breed I have ever owned. She will work on command but is fine in the yard or in the house. Very affectionate and does a tremendous job with our younger children. Her Bay is booming but I love it. I can’t imagine us ever being without a B&T in our household moving forward. She just an amazing example of her Breed and a truly amazing animal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                    My recommendation would be a boxer. They are a little hyper but I think they are the best family dog right there with labs. They train easy, love children, and always aim to please there family.
                    Yep... I have had multiple boxers and they are a fantastic breed.

Comment

Doberman.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubberdown View Post
                        You said working breed. You don’t want to have a working breed that ain’t working and you said in house alone when at work. Might want to reconsider Your thought process. Just saying. Labs are great dogs and I wouldn’t trade mine for anything, but they are every bit as hyper as a wiemariner. Have had both.
                        Maybe worded it wrong? Looking for a larger agile dog. Jump in the truck and take care of its self outdoors dog. Play fetch, not scared of water, enjoys jogs/walks, good guard dog.
                        But family oriented and do well in the house in the evenings. I am not against leaving it outside during the day (big backyard and pool), but Houston can be brutal.
                        Is there such a breed, HaHa?

My last dogs in order were a German Shepherd, Weimaraner, and a Boxer.

I have a friend trying to point me to a Rhodesian Ridgeback, but I know nothing about the breed.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          Cheap. Easy to get. Boring. Etc.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                          I will agree, but if you are not an AKC fanatic there are a lot of silver ones out there now. They look pretty cool, but bring a premium.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            The european working line GSD.Greatest, most versatile breed on earth.
                            I'm not doubting you....yes, I am....but talk more about their versatility. What makes them the "most versatile breed on earth"? I'm genuinely curious, thought I'm highly skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Capp35 View Post
                              I will agree, but if you are not an AKC fanatic there are a lot of silver ones out there now. They look pretty cool, but bring a premium.
                              Oh, Hell!!!! You've done it now.

Comment

Complete opposite from what your asking, except the working part.

Just getting a working Teckel (Dachshund). They are a different animal than the American Dachshund.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X