Mule 4010 speed question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
    Engine! Tranny is a belt drive similar to the Rangers and such. They go much faster than the old style mules.

This is information I was told by a Kawi mechanic. He loves when people try and over ride the governor. Keeps him busy!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
      I think mine tops out at about 22 mph. Any faster than that and it would probably beat you to death. They are made more for ranch and farm use than hunting.
      X2
      Same here for my ‘09 4010. Ain’t no way it’s governed anywhere near 47. Maybe 22-25 max IMO.
      Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      That's the reason they are call a "Mule." Mine would only go about 20mph. It was built for hauling stuff, not hauling ***

That being said, when I was at top speed the motor sure didn't sound like it was running hard.
      X2+
      Ain’t built for speed that’s for sure but it just keeps chugging along. Top speed is slow but steady and strong. It sure ain’t in no strain when at full throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
        47MPH is not correct. More like +/- 22mph.

Exactly....we can legally ride them on the road in the city limits in Shiner and the speed limit sign heading to the park showed that I topped my 2017 4010 out at 21 MPH.... It's all she had.

I don't mind because she is a working girl and does great in West TX.... A mule is just that....made to work hard and for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
          I think mine tops out at about 22 mph. Any faster than that and it would probably beat you to death. They are made more for ranch and farm use than hunting.
          This made me LOL.... not picking on you, but I thought to myself, "What part of hunting has to do with speed....

My 4010 is a huntin' fool!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              This made me LOL.... not picking on you, but I thought to myself, "What part of hunting has to do with speed....

My 4010 is a huntin' fool!
              When I leave my camp I have a 2.5 mile drive on a FM road before I turn onto a gravel road that leads into my hunting areas. My Yamaha runs right at 50 mph and the Mule 20-22. Guess which one will be used since part of the run is on blacktop?

Comment

Everything said is correct. I have a 2014 mule 4010 and 47 is far from reality. Les than 30 definitely. The upside is they last forever. My dads 15 year old mule has 2300+ hours and is still going strong. You won’t find any other brand with that type of longevity.

Comment

My 4010 ran 24 mph (gps) but I kept it down to 15-18 on open road on average.

Seems really slow on county rds but tolerable for pasture cruising.

My pro fxt tops at 47 (dig spdmtr) but I hardly run even 40. Much more tolerable than the 4010.

But...... I was happy w the 4010, til the pro came out.

Comment

My stock 4010 Trans Mule is perfect for my 100 acre property.

Comment

Not fast. Workhorse.

Now y'all got me curious as to speed. Gonna take it for a spin and use my speedometer app. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I almost hit 30. Lol. Actually I did going downhill.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                          I almost hit 30. Lol. Actually I did going downhill.

You might have just set a 4010 land speed record! [emoji41]

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                            You might have just set a 4010 land speed record! [emoji41]

According to the app, on the second run....it hit 35-38 on the slight decline. Was right at 30 coming back up the very slight incline.[emoji2369]

I was surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                              According to the app, on the second run....it hit 35-38 on the slight decline. Was right at 30 coming back up the very slight incline.[emoji2369]

I was surprised.

You definitely have a rare one. Mine couldn’t hit 35 off the side of a cliff.

Comment

Working...
                              X