What amount of money is life changing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    If i had 125k i'd have my home and everything else paid for. That would be life changing for me
    Im down to around 35 grand and im free

Comment

50 million.

Comment

2 to 3 million

Comment

30k would be life changing to me I’d be debt free plus a little. Congratulations on the winnings.

Comment

19k left on the truck, and 160ish left on the house...
            So, I’d say 180,000 would be my “life changing” number. With zero debts, our lives would change DRASTICALLY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I inherited a nice sum about 5 years ago. Paid the house down and bought some land...it went really quick. It wasn’t life changing, just made it a bit easier.

Comment

When i put on a pair of pants I haven't worn in awhile and find a $20. I feel pretty good about that!

If my wife is happy with our financial situation. Then I'm good!

She hasn't complained lately. So thats life changing right there.

Comment

We talking pre or post tax?

Comment

A lifetime of cell phone, property taxes and direct tv bills and I would have FU money

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      It largely depends on your definition of "life changing". It doesn't have to be an amount that lets you retire and buy whatever you want. For example if you are struggling with so much debt you aren't saving anything, winnings/inheritance large enough to pay everything off and start over would be life changing. (the stress-reduction alone would be life changing)

EDIT: looks like many of us think alike!
                      Same here

Comment

are you single or married ? That's gonna make a big difference.... Life changing would be over a half mil.

Comment

just saw an article this morning that 40% of the people in the USA could not come up with $400 cash if they had to - that is crazy

Comment

What amount of money is life changing?

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            A lifetime of cell phone, property taxes and direct tv bills and I would have FU money

We ditched the cable 2 years ago... can’t believe we spent all that money on TV for years. We don’t even miss it, so it was (for us) a waste in the first place.

I know the idea of just ditching TV isn’t for everyone, though. But, it really sped up our financial goals having the extra monthly cash flow to utilize.

Comment

Meh, when you're broke you want 25k. When you have 25k you want 100. When you have 100 you think you need 500, etc., etc., it never ends.

The only thing I think would really "change my life" right now would be an amount that allowed me to retire worry free maintaining my current lifestyle and allowing for inflation without decreasing principle, which I want to go to my kids.

So we'll call it about $10 million. Anything less and I'd be happy but I'd keep working.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                                Meh, when you're broke you want 25k. When you have 25k you want 100. When you have 100 you think you need 500, etc., etc., it never ends.

The only thing I think would really "change my life" right now would be an amount that allowed me to retire worry free maintaining my current lifestyle and allowing for inflation without decreasing principle, which I want to go to my kids.

So we'll call it about $10 million. Anything less and I'd be happy but I'd keep working.
                                My wife's father once said, "You will never make enough money," inferring that there is always something else to buy that you think you need. Interesting thought.

Really glad to hear from you all. Great advice and good stories have been shared and I thank you all for participating.

Comment

Working...
                                X