Cedar Log Pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cedar Log Pricing

Does anyone know where in east - central Texas I can get pricing for cedar logs?

I have several large, straight cedar trees that came down and I thought I was going to build a really cool back porch cover with them but I've come to realize I just do not have time to do it.

I'd hate for them to go to waste, so I would like to sell them for a fair price to someone who could use them. But I do not know what they are worth and a quick Google search revealed the price is highly linked to location, size and quality of the logs. I know the size and quality, both are premium. (12-18 feet long, 9"-24" on small end diameter.)

Contact M&G sawmill in Huntsville, Michael should be able to recommend someone.

Comment

This probably doesn't help you but I just bought some debarked cedar logs (4 of them) 2 of which were already cut lengthwise for use as stairs. Two of them were 10 feet long and two at 5 feet. I paid $69 bucks total for them. I do believe this was an exceptional deal

Comment

Cedar has value. The stuff around my house is almost cheaper to burn than drive 30 miles to Lampasas and sell. It cover fuel and maybe a hamburger. I don’t think the cedar we have around here has much use other than fence posts. If you find out different let me know

Comment

Can you post or PM me a pic of them? I have a friend who has a saw mill.

Comment

Cedar has value. The stuff around my house is almost cheaper to burn than drive 30 miles to Lampasas and sell. It cover fuel and maybe a hamburger. I don’t think the cedar we have around here has much use other than fence posts. If you find out different let me know
            /QUOTE]

I live in Lampasas and unless you can haul a trailer load of exact size cut post, its hardly worth it anymore. New owners at the cedar yard cut what they pay way down.
            Op, if its just a few you have, you'd be better of saving for a fence or your own project.

Comment

These are way better than fence posts. I don't expect to make a bunch of money, but these should be furniture quality logs.

Comment

Cedar fence posts for sale in Texas, cedar stays, large logs for milling, land clearing - other woods for furniture makers and artists, unique hard to find woods, Bill & Janet Haynes, Haynes Cedar Co. Johnson City Texas.

These guys are in Johnson City.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
                  /QUOTE]

I live in Lampasas and unless you can haul a trailer load of exact size cut post, its hardly worth it anymore. New owners at the cedar yard cut what they pay way down.
                  Op, if its just a few you have, you'd be better of saving for a fence or your own project.
                  She has red cedar not the ash juniper you're thinking about.

Comment

Working...
                  X