Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-07-2022, 05:41 AM   #1
bobby314
Ten Point

Default Sleeping In Vs. HUNTING/FISHING

Man it rarely happens, But my alarm went off at 4:45 AM to go fishing today, and i kind of want to just go back to sleep. Does this ever happen to yall or just for work????
bobby314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 05:47 AM   #2
Robert
Ten Point

You can work any day. ..... But it is hot
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 05:50 AM   #3
bobby314
Ten Point

O heck yeah, I'm about to be fishing. I just thought it was odd that I really didn't want to get out of bed to go.
Old 08-07-2022, 06:19 AM   #4
hot_rod_eddie
Ten Point

Hunt In: NC, SC

It has happened a few times over the years. Normally there are other considerations that I know my day will probably not be successful.
hot_rod_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 07:07 AM   #5
Atfulldraw
Pope & Young

Hunt In: a high fence, southwest of DFW, Colorado

Every chance I get.

I’m not what you would call a morning person.

But I married a hunter, so she usually doesn’t let me get away with it….I still try
Atfulldraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 07:26 AM   #6
175gr7.62
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Red River County,Harrison County, SW Kansas,

I rarely hunt in the mornings anymore except for opening day or the 2-3 ducks hunts I go on every year. My love for sleep is stronger than my hate for the critters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
175gr7.62 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 07:48 AM   #7
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Votaw, Del Rio, Eldorado, Bon Wier

I make myself get up anyway and usually I’m glad I did once I’m on the stand and watch the darkness slowly disappear and birds start to chirp. There’s something special about listening to the world wake up from the view of a bow stand.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:15 AM   #8
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntlerCollector View Post
I make myself get up anyway and usually Iím glad I did once Iím on the stand and watch the darkness slowly disappear and birds start to chirp. Thereís something special about listening to the world wake up from the view of a bow stand.
Absolutely.
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:23 AM   #9
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

The older I get, the easier I find an excuse to sleep in. Fish and deer still feed and move in the evenings.

But this heat does make it hard. Cause I can't get out in it in the afternoons. And I've gotta get up at 4:05 AM ever weekeday. So, it's kinda nice to just get a few more winks in.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:27 AM   #10
droebuck
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb and Kimble County

The mornings are my alone time in the stand since my wife and daughter are usually hunting the afternoons with me so I rarely sleep in. If I do it’s because we have been hunting several days straight and I just need a break and usually means I am tagged out already.
droebuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:36 AM   #11
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!

Heck no! Gotta get out there every chance I get!
Might be my last one. Plenty of time to sleep when I'm dead
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:46 AM   #12
miket
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Grimes County, Victoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKFVR View Post
I actually tell my son this. I tell him, " I dont know about everyone else, but Im dying. I aint gunna live forever"
miket is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #13
BBBGP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Bee Co.

Quote:
This. I'm still mad at um!
BBBGP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 09:08 AM   #14
Abcdj
Pope & Young

Hunt In: A warm enclosed blind

The colder it is the more I sleep or stay in. I still get up and BS with everyone and drink coffee. When they leave to go hunt I go back to bed or sit and watch the feeder 75 yards behind the coffee table.
Our place has a bunch of deer come to it in the evenings to eat. In the mornings most of them have headed back to their bedding areas before day light.
Besides all that. I was told a long time ago. The big bucks are gone before the first birds chirp.
Attached Images

Abcdj is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 09:12 AM   #15
Jon B
Ten Point

Hunt In: Central Tx and the Western States

Had this issue last year for the first time. I guess I am growing up/getting old.
Jon B is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 09:21 AM   #16
HogHunter34
Ten Point

Hunt In: Anderson County

I usually sleep in because I hunted all night

Yep it happens to the best of us. Like someone else mentioned sometimes the conditions will play into my decision. Like if itís windy
HogHunter34 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 09:22 AM   #17
SM69
Six Point

Hunt In: Hamilton County

Quote:
I make myself get up anyway and usually Iím glad I did once Iím on the stand and watch the darkness slowly disappear and birds start to chirp. Thereís something special about listening to the world wake up from the view of a bow stand.

Amen! Nothing quite like a gorgeous sunrise listening to the world come alive.

SM69 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 09:29 AM   #18
hopedale
Pope & Young

Hunt In: WMAs

If I'm going by myself, yea, I find it easier to just say I'll go later. When I am going with someone, its easier to get up.
hopedale is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 09:50 AM   #19
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Hell yeah. Screw getting up in the morning. I don't ever miss work. By the time Friday rolls around I'm a tired son of a gun. Matter of fact I'm about to take me a nap until 5:00 this afternoon. Huntin ain't that important. I ain't getting paid good enough to do it.
okrattler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 09:54 AM   #20
LivinADream
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Winnie, Piqua KS

I figure if I can get up in the morning to go do something I don't care for, I can dang sure get up to go do what I love.

Watching the world wake up is one of my favorite things.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
LivinADream is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:16 AM   #21
∆theling
Pope & Young

Where I hunt it can get difficult sometimes. After a couple or more months of sitting every weekend morning and some weekdays it can get very difficult to wake up early for another morning of what statistically is gonna be a bust. Basically when work days becomes your sleeping in lol.

∆theling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:20 AM   #22
Bucknaked
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca , Edwards & Gillespie counties

Quote:
Amen! If itís a clear morning I love to see Godís blessing of his sun rise- and his sun set
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #23
tpack
Ten Point

Hunt In: Erath

Quote:
Originally Posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
I rarely hunt in the mornings anymore except for opening day or the 2-3 ducks hunts I go on every year. My love for sleep is stronger than my hate for the critters.

I used to drive and pull my boat to the lake in the dark many a day when I was younger and enjoyed fishing more than I do today. I still get excited enough about deer hunting to get up @ 4 a.m. to head out. I`m just not as mad at them as I was when I was younger.
tpack is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:22 AM   #24
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

If I'm in a long stretch of hunting down south I'll usually take a morning or evening off just to relax and recoup. Sitting for 6 to 8 days straight can get monotonous.
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:26 AM   #25
tdwinklr
Ten Point

Hunt In: N. Central and N. East TX

Quote:

this, unless there's heavy rain.
tdwinklr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:28 AM   #26
Txtourist
Six Point

Hunt In: MN, SD,TX

I love it once I’m out there, but some windy/ rainy mornings can be a struggle.
I had to pull cameras at one point as I was not getting anything on food pots in the morning. Really made it too easy to not go
Txtourist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:35 AM   #27
camoclad
Ten Point

Hunt In: central tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
If I'm in a long stretch of hunting down south I'll usually take a morning or evening off just to relax and recoup. Sitting for 6 to 8 days straight can get monotonous.
Sitting still for long hours day after day is a practiced superpower most people can't even begin to know about. I think that superpower alone could save you in an apocalyptic situation. Everyone else be running around like crazy burning energy and fighting. Lol
camoclad is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 10:51 AM   #28
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Hogg, Kennedy County

I find myself sleeping in more now that I’m older. If I sleep in and skip a morning hunt, I just get in the blind earlier that evening.
Muddy Bud is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 11:28 AM   #29
lanceodom
Pope & Young

Hunt In: LaSalle County

I sleep in if I have a reason. Meaning if I get to the ranch late, or have been hunting for a week straight, then I’ll sleep in.
lanceodom is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #30
RifleBowPistol
Pope & Young

Yes, many times, I have intended to get up early and go hunting. Then decided, nope, I am going to sleep longer. For most of my life, I had to get up early and get to work, then came home tired. Then the days I took off of work and went hunting. My mind, tells me, I don't have to get up early, I can sleep in, and finally get some rest. I often will do so. This will happen more often when I am hunting an area, where I know the chances of seeing something I want to shoot are low.

In places where I have never hunted, or know there is a decent chance that something I want to shoot, will be in the area, I am planning to hunt. Then I will usually get up much earlier. Also, I have found, when I either sleep in my truck or a tent, near where I am going to hunt. I am much more likely to get up, when I planned to.

There have been very few times I have ever planned to get up early to go fishing, and fewer times, I actually got up early to go fishing. I have done so. About the only time I will be on the water, when the sun is coming up, is when I am sleeping right next to the water, where I am going to be fishing. If I have to drive two hours to a boat dock, then launch the boat and run the boat for an hour or longer to get where I want to fish. You won't find me on the water as the sun comes up. I like fishing or used to like it a lot, but I found a long time ago. That if you don't fish given areas often, and learn why the fish move from one area to another and why they are in different depth water at different times. Your chances of catching fish are low. When I know my chances of catching fish are low, I am not going to put much effort into the whole deal. I am just going to relax as much as possible and go through the motions of fishing. If I catch fish, while doing so, I will be happier.

When I was younger, we had a boat in the family, I was not married, lived right next to the water on the coast. I could fish a lot more often, I knew where to go, at different times. Now, I am lucky to fish once a year. I keep finding, that only going once a year, I have no idea where to find fish. I used to get irritated, only going once a year and not catching much. But I have have to keep reminding myself, what reality is, and to look at things differently. If I get all gung ho and get serious about going fishing. Then my wife, has her long list of non fishing stuff she wants to put in the truck, prepare food or whatever that eats up quite a bit of time. Then my daughter is worse than me about getting up early. Getting her up, before 11:00 AM, when she did not have to be in school. Was going to be an unpleasant first half of the day, with three irritated people and a lot of yelling. Now she is out on her own, I could start thinking of going back to getting up much earlier to go fish. Which I have tried a few times. But every time, my wife, has to pack up the truck like we are going on a month long trip. I have to step back calm down and just classify the trip as a trip to the coast. Don't get in any hurry, don't plan on catching any fish. We are going to go to the coast and be on or near the water, then I will have fishing tackle with me.

Back when we did a lot of fishing when we were younger, long before I ever got married or ever thought of doing something along those lines. We would at times hit the water around sun up, and fish most of the day. Most of the fishing we did, was mid day, later afternoon, or at night. At one point, we would hit the water in the boat, every afternoon, after we got off work. Then we had a loop we would make, and would catch a decent number of good sized fish, then back to the dock and home. Then at other times, we fished multiple piers at night. Those where the times where we really caught a lot of fish. There was a pier we used to fish at night, where we would catch around 100 trout a night. We would usually come home with around 12 trout. Back then the minimum was 14", we would only keep 16" and longer, most of the time, 18" and longer. If we were not catching many over 18" we would start keeping a few 16" trout. I don't think we ever brought home more than 15 trout, between the two of us. I had a lure, that had been hit so many times, it had two grooves down the top of lure, from the trout's two fangs.

I wished we would have had something like a Go Pro back in those days. It was a blast, that one lure we would have upwards of 7 trout at a time chasing it. Often the ones in the rear would jump over the others to get it. We had some crazy hits on that lure. We always loved it when some large trout would be hanging out deep, and we did not know it was down there, then as we drug the lure over it. It would shoot up like a rocket and hit the lure. Sending the lure flying and the trout would launch out of the water. Most of the time they would be near the surface chasing it.

Then we fished Bob Hall and Horace Caldwell piers at night for large reds and shark. We were mainly after shark.
That was what we did, when I lived on the coast, so getting up at 4:00 AM only happened a few times in my life. One summer I went to a fishing camp, over near the bluff area, for a week. There we had to get up at something like 4:30 AM, every morning. We did not catch much, on those trips. We hit the boat hole multiple mornings. and around CCNAS. We caught a lot more fish, back at the house during the middle of the day, which was on one of he canals just over on the other side of the intercoastal. We would catch a lot of rat reds right behind the house, ever day. The guys who took us out fishing, were supposed to be locals who knew where the fish were, they took us out in their boats. There were a couple mornings on at least one boat, they would get into some fish. But every time we went out, the boat I was on, we did not catch much. Some time after we would get back to the house, every day, I would go down to the canal and start catching rat reds. I caught a whole lot more fish there, than on those early morning trips out on the water. Not sure if the guys that took us out, did not want to take us to their favorite spots, afraid we might tell our father's where we went and go back or what the deal was. We hardly caught anything, in five days of hitting the water before the sun came up. This was back probably 1983.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 12:39 PM   #31
elhefe
Ten Point

Sometimes I do sleep in but a majority of the time I wake up before an alarm so I figure while I’m up I might as well hunt. Do love the mornings and seeing the woods come to life. Plus more daylight in case of tracking.
elhefe is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 12:45 PM   #32
Mayhem
Pope & Young

Hunt In: crockett, county

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
Yes, many times, I have intended to get up early and go hunting. Then decided, nope, I am going to sleep longer. For most of my life, I had to get up early and get to work, then came home tired. Then the days I took off of work and went hunting. My mind, tells me, I don't have to get up early, I can sleep in, and finally get some rest. I often will do so. This will happen more often when I am hunting an area, where I know the chances of seeing something I want to shoot are low.

In places where I have never hunted, or know there is a decent chance that something I want to shoot, will be in the area, I am planning to hunt. Then I will usually get up much earlier. Also, I have found, when I either sleep in my truck or a tent, near where I am going to hunt. I am much more likely to get up, when I planned to.

There have been very few times I have ever planned to get up early to go fishing, and fewer times, I actually got up early to go fishing. I have done so. About the only time I will be on the water, when the sun is coming up, is when I am sleeping right next to the water, where I am going to be fishing. If I have to drive two hours to a boat dock, then launch the boat and run the boat for an hour or longer to get where I want to fish. You won't find me on the water as the sun comes up. I like fishing or used to like it a lot, but I found a long time ago. That if you don't fish given areas often, and learn why the fish move from one area to another and why they are in different depth water at different times. Your chances of catching fish are low. When I know my chances of catching fish are low, I am not going to put much effort into the whole deal. I am just going to relax as much as possible and go through the motions of fishing. If I catch fish, while doing so, I will be happier.

When I was younger, we had a boat in the family, I was not married, lived right next to the water on the coast. I could fish a lot more often, I knew where to go, at different times. Now, I am lucky to fish once a year. I keep finding, that only going once a year, I have no idea where to find fish. I used to get irritated, only going once a year and not catching much. But I have have to keep reminding myself, what reality is, and to look at things differently. If I get all gung ho and get serious about going fishing. Then my wife, has her long list of non fishing stuff she wants to put in the truck, prepare food or whatever that eats up quite a bit of time. Then my daughter is worse than me about getting up early. Getting her up, before 11:00 AM, when she did not have to be in school. Was going to be an unpleasant first half of the day, with three irritated people and a lot of yelling. Now she is out on her own, I could start thinking of going back to getting up much earlier to go fish. Which I have tried a few times. But every time, my wife, has to pack up the truck like we are going on a month long trip. I have to step back calm down and just classify the trip as a trip to the coast. Don't get in any hurry, don't plan on catching any fish. We are going to go to the coast and be on or near the water, then I will have fishing tackle with me.

Back when we did a lot of fishing when we were younger, long before I ever got married or ever thought of doing something along those lines. We would at times hit the water around sun up, and fish most of the day. Most of the fishing we did, was mid day, later afternoon, or at night. At one point, we would hit the water in the boat, every afternoon, after we got off work. Then we had a loop we would make, and would catch a decent number of good sized fish, then back to the dock and home. Then at other times, we fished multiple piers at night. Those where the times where we really caught a lot of fish. There was a pier we used to fish at night, where we would catch around 100 trout a night. We would usually come home with around 12 trout. Back then the minimum was 14", we would only keep 16" and longer, most of the time, 18" and longer. If we were not catching many over 18" we would start keeping a few 16" trout. I don't think we ever brought home more than 15 trout, between the two of us. I had a lure, that had been hit so many times, it had two grooves down the top of lure, from the trout's two fangs.

I wished we would have had something like a Go Pro back in those days. It was a blast, that one lure we would have upwards of 7 trout at a time chasing it. Often the ones in the rear would jump over the others to get it. We had some crazy hits on that lure. We always loved it when some large trout would be hanging out deep, and we did not know it was down there, then as we drug the lure over it. It would shoot up like a rocket and hit the lure. Sending the lure flying and the trout would launch out of the water. Most of the time they would be near the surface chasing it.

Then we fished Bob Hall and Horace Caldwell piers at night for large reds and shark. We were mainly after shark.
That was what we did, when I lived on the coast, so getting up at 4:00 AM only happened a few times in my life. One summer I went to a fishing camp, over near the bluff area, for a week. There we had to get up at something like 4:30 AM, every morning. We did not catch much, on those trips. We hit the boat hole multiple mornings. and around CCNAS. We caught a lot more fish, back at the house during the middle of the day, which was on one of he canals just over on the other side of the intercoastal. We would catch a lot of rat reds right behind the house, ever day. The guys who took us out fishing, were supposed to be locals who knew where the fish were, they took us out in their boats. There were a couple mornings on at least one boat, they would get into some fish. But every time we went out, the boat I was on, we did not catch much. Some time after we would get back to the house, every day, I would go down to the canal and start catching rat reds. I caught a whole lot more fish there, than on those early morning trips out on the water. Not sure if the guys that took us out, did not want to take us to their favorite spots, afraid we might tell our father's where we went and go back or what the deal was. We hardly caught anything, in five days of hitting the water before the sun came up. This was back probably 1983.

Is it possible for you to make a post without writing a dissertation?

Christ almighty man.

Mayhem is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 12:55 PM   #33
LivinADream
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Winnie, Piqua KS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post

Christ almighty man.

when I saw the post I thought to myself, this guy will write more words in ten posts on TBH than I have in my 6000.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk
LivinADream is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 01:12 PM   #34
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Cherokee, Rusk Counties

Usually just the day after I kill something. I’m retired so I can pick my days now.
Drycreek3189 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 01:16 PM   #35
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:

Christ almighty man.

Got dang it man...... somebody had to say it
Mexico is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 01:20 PM   #36
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

Quote:

Christ almighty man.

I've been thinking along the same lines as you.

I did see a one sentence reply from him yesterday. Might have been a first.
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 01:24 PM   #37
Quackerbox
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
I've been thinking along the same lines as you.

Didn't have his glasses

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Quackerbox is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 01:46 PM   #38
HoustonHunter94
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma, TX

Quote:

Same. In my younger years I ruined several hunting and fishing trips by over serving myself the night before and sleeping in or feeling horrible if I did get up. Now I know better and you just never know how many more of those mornings youíll have in the woods, watching the sun come up and hearing the world wake up around you. I plan to take advantage of the ones I have left.

HoustonHunter94 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 01:52 PM   #39
bobby314
Ten Point

My man RiflePistolBow won Texas Stenographer of the Year 3 years in a row.
Old 08-07-2022, 01:58 PM   #40
Twist
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon County

I’m gonna be awake either way. No point spending that time before sunrise laying in bed.

Hell I sit on my butt behind a computer at least 10 hours a day M-F. Before sunup to after sundown on a weekend is easy.
Twist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 02:12 PM   #41
TheHammer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co, Panola Co

I enjoy seeing a sunrise from the blind, but I’ll pick a afternoon hunt all day over morning. I’ve just always seemed to have more luck then.
TheHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 02:14 PM   #42
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
This! Ave stayed up till 330 just to get up at 530-600 and do it again. I truly enjoy being out in the brush.
trophy8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 02:23 PM   #43
Big pig
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brown Co.

Never. Weather is the only reason I didnít go when I could.
Big pig is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 02:31 PM   #44
ThisLadyHunts
Ten Point

Hunt In: Austin, Boerne, Wyoming, South America

A couple of questions first:

1) Will there be an afternoon hunt as well?

2) Exactly how cold will it be outside?

3) iUs the person who sleeps in required to make breakfast for everybody who went out that morning?

4) if the answer to #3 is yes, will there be room in the blind to go back to sleep?
ThisLadyHunts is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 02:48 PM   #45
J-5
Six Point

Hunt In: To the wind

Quote:

Christ almighty man.

I always know who it is when I see an essay on here. Donít even need to look.
J-5 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 06:53 PM   #46
DedDuk
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bermuda Triangle

Im very guilty about sleeping in while at the camp. Not guilty, like others, I do it by choice. I enjoy sleeping later than normal at the lease. I enjoyed the night before sitting around the fire until 3-4. Ill enjoy the morning just the same when I do get out of bed, stoke the fire and pop a cold beer or bloody mary. Its my off time. Ill enjoy it anyway I want.
DedDuk is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 06:56 PM   #47
JakeM
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie Co, Kimble Co, Liberty Co.

Honestly i dont mind getting up even for work. Its very rare i skip something for sleep. I like to watch the world come alive in the morning. 3:30am is my usually wake up time when im working daylights
JakeM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:17 PM   #48
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: East Texas

I love morning hunts, statistically they have been my better hunts when I kill my bigger bucks. But it can be hard for me to get up. If there is an excuse not to go as sleep in, I’ll find it (too hot, full moon, rain, etc etc). But morning hunts are my favorite
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-07-2022, 08:38 PM   #49
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
Had to be some Russians that hacked his account.
rtp is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-08-2022, 08:06 AM   #50
bowhntrmatt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comstock

I used to poke fun at the guys in camp who would sleep in on some mornings. Now I find myself doing it once a season or so. Typically the decision is either driven by the weather or the previous nights' beverage intake.

One time my little brother came into my room on Christmas morning and asked if I was going hunting with him. It was a small piece of family land not far from the house. I had hunted several mornings in a row with no luck, so I said no, you go. He sat in the stand I had just hunted all week and arrowed a 151" 10pt, the biggest deer ever killed on the place.
bowhntrmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top