Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Not happy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not happy

I ran out to the lease last Saturday and filled feeders, set up cam, etc.
    My feeder shouldnt have been empty but it was. I thought it may have been the coons. Oh well, filled it up.
    Set up my tactacam.......by my best guess, rt now there is about 200lbs of corn on the ground.
    it looks like the mechanism may have been pulled down.
    There were about 15 coons on it last night.
    it is a cheap feeder. Guess I need to get it together and spend a little money on a quality feeder instead of piecing together old stuff that I have laying around.

Yessir. That extra you spend on it and maybe a cage will prolly end up cheaper in the long run by what you save every time a "corn event" is prevented. Either tree rats, real rats, coons, pigs or something will figure out how to tear chit up. Best of luck to ya this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
      Guess I need to get it together and spend a little money on a quality feeder instead of piecing together old stuff that I have laying around.
      After going the cheap route in the past I would advise you to take your own advice. Get yourself a Lamco Low n Throw and fuggetaboudit.

Comment

Im prolly gonna snag a Lamco. I have been wanting one for a while.
        Bad thing it, it may be 3-4 wks before I can get back out there to set up another feeder.

I have a really nice feeder that I let a friend borrow. I cant seem to get it back. Guess it isnt mine any more!!!!!
        I should be setting in his stand opening morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I was having same issues Replaced 2 out of 3 of my feeders with GreenGo feeders and have not lost any corn from new feeders will replace last old feeder this month with the price of corn they will pay for themselves

Comment

I have a 55 gallon metal barrel with a locking lid and put a Moultrie Magnum timer and a 6 volt solar charger on it. It will hold 2 batteries, with the second hooked in as a back up. The Moultrie Magnum has a lifetime warranty. I've run the unit with the same 2 batteries for many years.

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
              I was having same issues Replaced 2 out of 3 of my feeders with GreenGo feeders and have not lost any corn from new feeders will replace last old feeder this month with the price of corn they will pay for themselves
              THIS - I bought 5 of them and they are every bit as good as Lamco IMO but way less money - the GreenGo feeders are awesome and bullet proof

Comment

I have a Lamco, and all seasons stand and fill, and several homemade winch up feeders. I far prefer the winch up feeders. The coons don’t seem to bother mine at all. I have a cage on one of them, but the others I don’t have anything on them for coon prevention and never lose corn out of them. Except when the cows get to them. They can empty a feeder in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                  I ran out to the lease last Saturday and filled feeders, set up cam, etc.
                  My feeder shouldnt have been empty but it was. I thought it may have been the coons. Oh well, filled it up.
                  Set up my tactacam.......by my best guess, rt now there is about 200lbs of corn on the ground.
                  it looks like the mechanism may have been pulled down.
                  There were about 15 coons on it last night.
                  it is a cheap feeder. Guess I need to get it together and spend a little money on a quality feeder instead of piecing together old stuff that I have laying around.

There are 3 things you don’t go cheap on.

Feeders
                  Rifle Scopes
                  Hookers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X