Payin' For Your Raisin'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Payin' For Your Raisin'

Who has had to take care of an elderly parent?
    I am going through geriatric HELL!
    Mom fell and broke her hip last November.
    I have cared for her since.
    She has developed dementia at a very rapid pace!
    I blame the Phizer death Jab on the speed of decline! IMO
    I get no help from a brother and sister!
    This is HELL on earth!

I had someone tell me to remember that mom is the person that raised me.

I will Thank you for prays now.
    And I pray every morning and night, but this is nothing I wish on any of my GS brothers and sisters!

been thru a very similar situation and its tough

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

Not me. I lucked out and they both croaked.

Comment

Been there. Hopefully things will get better for you. Prayers for you and your mom.

Comment

Very tough situation to be in...my prayers for you and your mother

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been there brother. Very, very recently. You're in my prayers. I'm gonna give you some unsolicited advice. It's worth exactly what you're paying for it.

1) If you can afford it, pay for a caregiver to give you some relief. Even if it's just a couple hours a day, it'll help. If you have to sacrifice eating out, deer lease, vacations, etc., do it and spend those savings on someone to help you. You'll wear yourself out doing it all on your own. Not only the physical but more the emotional. You need to take a break from time to time.
              2) Know that your mom appreciates it. If she doesn't show it, it's the dementia and otherwise, she would.
              3) Be patient and show grace. She wants to be there a lot less than you want her there. Dementia patients have a need to be treated like humans where the tendency is to treat them like patients.
              4) Know that you're in my prayers. That might be all that gets us through.

Comment

Prayers up for ya...

I took care of both of my parents, when they could no longer
                do for themselves...

I considered it, an honor and a privilege...
                I miss them both, terribly....

Comment

Prayers for you and your family.
                  It's not an easy thing to do, I've taken care of a sister in law, step father in law, father in law, mother in law, my Daddy, and now my mother.
                  Curtintex has shared some excellent advice.
                  Last edited by bassmatt72; 07-23-2022, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all!
                    I'm giving up alot this year.
                    I won't hunt this year.
                    And I know it is for the best.

Comment

After my dad passed I had to make sure my mom was taken care of. My sister lived out of town helped when she could but my brother who worked only 3.5 days a week was no help at all. I know where your coming from but neither are with us now and I'd give anything to have had more time with them. I know what your going through. Prayers for some help for you.

Comment

Sorry to hear this Mark. Praying for your mom, you and Megan

Comment

Prayers up for this situation. Elder care is a tough job and thankless job. You can do it, but i agree that you still need to find ways to get relief.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                            Prayers up for ya...

I took care of both of my parents, when they could no longer
                            do for themselves...

I considered it, an honor and a privilege...
                            I miss them both, terribly....
                            This is how I've always felt.
                            Never been there but it's fast approaching.
                            I've never had anything in life that I cared about more, or meant more than my parents, and I feel it's something I would gladly do.
                            My thoughts are with you OP.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I've been there brother. Very, very recently. You're in my prayers. I'm gonna give you some unsolicited advice. It's worth exactly what you're paying for it.

1) If you can afford it, pay for a caregiver to give you some relief. Even if it's just a couple hours a day, it'll help. If you have to sacrifice eating out, deer lease, vacations, etc., do it and spend those savings on someone to help you. You'll wear yourself out doing it all on your own. Not only the physical but more the emotional. You need to take a break from time to time.
                              2) Know that your mom appreciates it. If she doesn't show it, it's the dementia and otherwise, she would.
                              3) Be patient and show grace. She wants to be there a lot less than you want her there. Dementia patients have a need to be treated like humans where the tendency is to treat them like patients.
                              4) Know that you're in my prayers. That might be all that gets us through.
                              Good advice on your situation. Prayers

Comment

Working...
                              X