Ram truck dealers vs. others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram truck dealers vs. others

I drive by several dealerships on a daily basis.

I've noticed that Dodge truck lots are full of new units.

Chevy/Ford/Toyota/Nissan trucks seem to be rare.

Is it the obvious answer that Ram trucks aren't as popular as the others? Or does Dodge/Ram have access to a better supply chain of chips and all that?

Just curious if anyone knows the answer (other than....durrrrr, dodge sucks).

Don’t have an answer. Noticed the same at the RAM dealer in Muskogee. But the 4x4 crew cab duallies were not to be found.

Comment

I know the dodge dealer in lufkin has an empty lot

Comment

Selection is pretty thin at the two I drive past on a semi regular basis.

Comment

I guess that ol saying "I would rather walk than drive a dodge" is true. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
            I know the dodge dealer in lufkin has an empty lot
            Dang. The one is humble is showing 125 on the lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
              Dang. The one is humble is showing 125 on the lot.
              I passed by an hour ago in lufkin and they had maybe 6 new vehicles total. So I guess I can’t say empty but certainly no selection

Comment

Bobby, I’ve noticed for the past year or 2 the dodge dealership at 59@ will Clayton always had a bunch of cars, but the Chevy, gmc, ford and Toyota dealership within a mile were always bare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                  Bobby, I’ve noticed for the past year or 2 the dodge dealership at 59@ will Clayton always had a bunch of cars, but the Chevy, gmc, ford and Toyota dealership within a mile were always bare.

That's what I'm seeing. Same place. Also in conroe.

Wife wants a truck but prices are higher than giraffe genitalia

Comment

I was in that Dodge dealership back in the fall and alot of what they had were fleet trucks. The holdup is the microchips for things like backup cameras etc, so it could be those fleet trucks are easier to get to the lot with less bells and whistles.

Comment

I know it is slim pickings around here. Lots are full of used trucks and low-end models. If anything premium comes in, it is scooped up fast.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                        I guess that ol saying "I would rather walk than drive a dodge" is true. LOL

Comment

On Friday my wife and I went to 3 dealerships looking for a specific trim and package. The Ram dealership in Floresville had a couple of base models, or high trim packages. Bluebonnet Ram in New Braunfels had a couple of base models, and a few in the trim package that we wanted but they were a couple thousand more than we wanted to pay. Brown Ram in Devine had what we wanted in stock, in the color we wanted too. MSRP was $48k and after the dealership discounts it was brought down to $41k.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                            That's what I'm seeing. Same place. Also in conroe.

Wife wants a truck but prices are higher than giraffe genitalia

Even used are high now but I have learned a way to save money on trucks over the years especially if you live around larger urban areas like yourself. Go online to every BMW, Mercedes, Infinity, Audi…….. dealer you can find and look at their used inventory. They will take the trade in and not want that vehicle on their lot. They are always priced to move that week. I cant speak for the current supply chain market we are in right now. If you can hold off obviously the better. Youd call me a liar if I told you what I paid for my last two Super Duties effectively new.

Comment

My ram I ordered late February and received in late April. Half ton but still faster than the others

Comment

Working...
                              X